I'm thinking this was in the late summer of 1971 a time when my grandmother and cousin came over to England. If it was, then we took my grandmother hostage and kept her til the following year. I in the early days of my 2nd pregnancy here and had a 2nd son in January 72 and my mother came over to visit and the two of us went to see the bulbs of the Netherlands. Nana wanted to leave earlier but my mother convinced her to stay til spring so the could fly home together.
In 1971 my grandmother would be 75 years old. I'm not far from that now which is a strange thing to think of.
I didn't know which village this was but thanks to the internet I found out that it is in Hebden, outside of Skipton in the Yorkshie Dales. The Clarendon Hotel. Not terribly far from our home in Knaresborough but a bit of a nice country drive with visitors. Sitting outdoors in the summer sun was not as common then as it is today - weather seemed cooler back then - and I see my xh has a turtle neck under his shirt and my grandmother's coat is on the table. I am wearing tights (lacey but substantial ones) under my bell bottom jeans. I still have that road atlas!
My cousin was about 15 then and stayed for a couple of weeks if I recall correctly, sharing a bedroom with our firstborn. The boys are dressed for summer and seem to have been content. Happy days. 43 years ago.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- TBT Sunny Days in Yorkshire 43 Years Ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Wishing For These Again
- Travel With Me Tuesday: More Sintra Portugal
- AAM Monday; PL Week 27
- Five on Friday July 25, 2014
- TBT Ripley UK 1981
- Wordless Wednesday: Really, iPhone?
- Trave With Me Tuesday: We Go To Sintra
- AAM Monday PL Week 26, or at least half of it
- R & R Day 4
- R&R Day 2
- Five on Friday: July 11, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1969 Knaresborough
- Wordless Wednesday: July 9, 2014 Is This an Insult...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Travel Around Lisbon
- AAM Monday PL wk 25
- Happy 4th!
- TBT Khartoum Sudan 1981
- Wordless Wednesday: July 2, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Food-Centric Day in Lisb...
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...