I'm thinking this was in the late summer of 1971 a time when my grandmother and cousin came over to England. If it was, then we took my grandmother hostage and kept her til the following year. I in the early days of my 2nd pregnancy here and had a 2nd son in January 72 and my mother came over to visit and the two of us went to see the bulbs of the Netherlands. Nana wanted to leave earlier but my mother convinced her to stay til spring so the could fly home together.
In 1971 my grandmother would be 75 years old. I'm not far from that now which is a strange thing to think of.
I didn't know which village this was but thanks to the internet I found out that it is in Hebden, outside of Skipton in the Yorkshie Dales. The Clarendon Hotel. Not terribly far from our home in Knaresborough but a bit of a nice country drive with visitors. Sitting outdoors in the summer sun was not as common then as it is today - weather seemed cooler back then - and I see my xh has a turtle neck under his shirt and my grandmother's coat is on the table. I am wearing tights (lacey but substantial ones) under my bell bottom jeans. I still have that road atlas!
My cousin was about 15 then and stayed for a couple of weeks if I recall correctly, sharing a bedroom with our firstborn. The boys are dressed for summer and seem to have been content. Happy days. 43 years ago.
- ► 2015 (209)
- TBT Sunny Days in Yorkshire 43 Years Ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Wishing For These Again
- Travel With Me Tuesday: More Sintra Portugal
- AAM Monday; PL Week 27
- Five on Friday July 25, 2014
- TBT Ripley UK 1981
- Wordless Wednesday: Really, iPhone?
- Trave With Me Tuesday: We Go To Sintra
- AAM Monday PL Week 26, or at least half of it
- R & R Day 4
- R&R Day 2
- Five on Friday: July 11, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1969 Knaresborough
- Wordless Wednesday: July 9, 2014 Is This an Insult...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Travel Around Lisbon
- AAM Monday PL wk 25
- Happy 4th!
- TBT Khartoum Sudan 1981
- Wordless Wednesday: July 2, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Food-Centric Day in Lisb...
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...