Sunday, March 17, 2019

You want eye candy? oh yeah...

Friday, I was reading a review of a new Netflix show. I still had a couple of episodes of  "Secret City" to watch so I was just half interested while reading especially as the headline was that the two new shows reviewed  'try to hard at playing it cool'.  One was Hulu's "Shrill" and since I don't use Hulu very often, I skipped right on to the Netflix show but "Shrill' still got a tentative favorable review.

The reviewer started his  descriptor for "Turn Up  Charlie" with these words..."Less can be said sadly, for Netflix's clunky "Turn Up Charlie", an eight episode British dramedy that starts Idris Elba - known for his work in "The Wire", "Luther"  and your daydreams... Well I was sold right there! It's got Idris?  There's a lot to be said for an evening of eye candy. I'm all in. hopefully tonight.




If you want the reviews yourself, here they are from the Washington Post.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts