In the months making my drive across the bay and into the Eastern Shore, I have loved seeing nature change through the many farmed fields I pass. When I first went, the corn was still there and but nearing harvest. I believe much of it may be animal corn as opposed to the corn we humans relish so much. Not sure but I'll have to enquire as this year progresses.
Later in the fall, the fields were cut and went into a dormant stage for the winter. Some had been cleared and some still had the corn stalk stubble. It was a peaceful sight under a lot of gray autumn and winter skies.
Last week I saw this! It was still an overcast sky with threatening rain, but the green! Oh the green!
Spring has definitely come to the shore. It has also come on the western shore but these vast fields or green made my heart sing. The lovely time between the bitter cold of our recent winter and the hot, humid summer that we usually have. Carpe diem!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(217)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Wordless Wednesday: Back in My Day
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bawlmer, Hon
- AAM Monday: Project Life Catchup
- ThrowBack Thursday - Oh Those 70s
- Wordless Wednesday: Brrrr
- AAM Tuesday: It's His Birthday
- Cat or Easter Bunny
- Five on Friday: April 18, 2014
- Tuesday Tutorial: Coloring Doodles
- AAM Monday: I'm Not in Class
- Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
- Green Grow the Fields
- Wordless Wednesday: Avoid This
- Travel With Me Tueday: Say What?
- AAM Monday: I Like a Routine
- Five on Friday: April 4, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1950
- Wordless Wednesday: Tie One On
- Wearin' Out the Eyeballs
-
▼
April
(19)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...

2 comments:
oooo, how did you do that womderful frame? And yes, the rolling of the seasons can be so totally wonderful!
Cat, they are Paislee Galley FramesNo5,
https://the-lilypad.com/store/gallery-frames-no5-paislee.html
Post a Comment