My senior center offered a Mixed-Media class this semester, and going against my rule of Schedule NOTHING on Monday, I signed up. I missed the first class and was over an hour late to the 2nd. (Are these Red Flags already??)
What I gathered from the part of the class I managed to attend was that people bring their own projects in and work on them there with guidance and little exercises from the teacher. Last week they, well many of them, were sketching a blue hydrangea. I have no interest in sketching, really don't want to paint that way but stayed open to the idea. I sat and watched while some did wonderfully accurate sketches and one just painted one of her canvases with oils. No relation to the hydrangea. It also didn't seem to me that it had any relation to what I consider mixed media. I suspect that is a very nebulous term.
As the week has passed, I've thought it over and I don't want to spend 2+ hours of my day doing something I'm not really interested in. Yes, I might learn to sketch but I'd rather have those hours in my own studio to do what strikes my fancy. And so...I'm not in class. I've withdrawn so that if someone else wants my place it's available.
It it doesn't fit, I don't need to wear it. Many things are learned in life and I've just realized I know this lesson - for today at least. Do you know when to say...not this isn't me? It's not what I need. Sooner this is learned the happier you'll be.
Monday, April 14, 2014
AAM Monday: I'm Not in Class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(217)
-
▼
April
(19)
- Wordless Wednesday: Back in My Day
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Bawlmer, Hon
- AAM Monday: Project Life Catchup
- ThrowBack Thursday - Oh Those 70s
- Wordless Wednesday: Brrrr
- AAM Tuesday: It's His Birthday
- Cat or Easter Bunny
- Five on Friday: April 18, 2014
- Tuesday Tutorial: Coloring Doodles
- AAM Monday: I'm Not in Class
- Five on Friday: April 11, 2014
- Green Grow the Fields
- Wordless Wednesday: Avoid This
- Travel With Me Tueday: Say What?
- AAM Monday: I Like a Routine
- Five on Friday: April 4, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 1950
- Wordless Wednesday: Tie One On
- Wearin' Out the Eyeballs
-
▼
April
(19)
Popular Posts
-
What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here , and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed o...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Hop hop hop. I decided to join in this one which is unusual for me but thought what the heck. Try something different. I think I am about on...
-
All in all, I am happier barefoot and if we didn't have an old cat who is prone to regurgitation, I'd be barefoot a lot. But this i...
-
So far this year, I've only done one page for each week. I wasn't sure how that would go but I seemed to be pulled in so many direc...
-
Feeding America It's that time of year again. A good time. The sun is out, the gardens are starting to look like they have halfway forgo...
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
While I have been keeping my OLW, One Little Word , of LEARN in my mind over the past couple of months, a lot of serious travel has kept m...
-
Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them. I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to sha...
1 comment:
I so see what you mean Maureen. Personally, I always come back to photography. Yes, I tried so many things, but not getting through and through good with it, I keep getting back to the things I know really well. Often things are put in front of our nose but as you say, we can say no, it's not really for me. It's about knowing our limits and our strength at the same time.
Post a Comment