Today I'm meeting up with this old friend, sadly because of a memorial service for a mutual friend on Saturday. But back in the 80s, we were at a party and it looks like it was after the 1987 Eric Clapton concert (we went ; she bought the shirt) and before the 1988 election (I'm wearing the Tom McMillen for Congress shirt). We found a mutual interest in Eric and campaign work around that time and in being silly.
We could often 'make things happen' and get into places no one thought we could. We were magic together and my son's advice was "Mom, don't get arrested!" We didn't - as we could both sweet talk ourselves into places and out of situations.
2014...almost 30 years later, the concert ticket prices are too high for me, we live 600+miles away from each other, and politics has become so much nastier that I just stick to voting. But while a lot of things like that change, friendships last. I suspect being silly together can be resurrected too!
Thursday, October 9, 2014
TBT: Back to 1988
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(217)
-
▼
October
(19)
- TBT: Children, Tilt Your Heads -1970s
- Week In the Life 2014 - Sunday
- AAM Monday: I'll Take That As a Theme Song!
- Five On Friday; October 24, 2014
- TBT: Kitchen Staff is Hard to Keep
- Wordless Wednesday: I'd Buy This!
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Day 1 in Torino
- AAM Monday These Days I'm Making - Matzo Ball Soup
- Five on Friday: October 17, 2014
- TBT - I Avoid Another Cactus Lesson
- Wordless Wednesday; October 15, 2014
- Travel With Me Tuesday - Malpensa to Torino
- AAM Monday : The Knee Saga Starts
- Five on Friday: October 10 not 3, 2014
- TBT: Back to 1988
- Yikes, It Seems to Be Going Around
- Connected Again!
- TBT: College Days in the 90s
- Wordless Wednesday: October 1, 2014
-
▼
October
(19)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...

No comments:
Post a Comment