Maybe Hurricane Sandy will hit us with Wild, Windy, Weather; maybe s/he won't. But this is song I fondly remember from 1967. I was newly married to my first husband, living in the wilds of west Texas. Ian and Sylvia were a duo we had heard in Washington DC and we had most all their albums during those days.
Yes, those northers did come down our way, passing through Amarillo to the north and on to San Angelo. But hurricane rains? Nope. Not in West Texas and godwilling, maybe not in Maryland tonight.
If you're in the path, be prepared, and be safe.
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(248)
-
▼
October
(22)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
-
▼
October
(22)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...
No comments:
Post a Comment