These have been two hectic weeks, going from Maryland to New Mexico to Arizona, then back to Maryland. Just enough I like to say to read a few newspapers and do about 3 or 4 batches of laundry. Try to connect with a bit of our regular life and then get back on an airplane.
This time to Los Angeles with a flying trip down to San Diego and back. It could have been an easier trip to San Diego but the freeways were pretty jammed and this lead to a lot of herky jerky driving. The driver got cranky and the two passengers were not so amused either. However, on this short trip our grandson saw the colleges he wanted to see, and having seen them is pretty sure he is not a SoCal man. It's good to see and feel the vibe of an area and know that while it's nice for a visit, it's not what you want for four years or a lifetime.
My one friend said that the East Coast has a lot of granite in it's makeup. In the soil, and in the makeup of people. CA's land is shifting constantly and that is reflected in the easier way of life. Sometimes you just need to know what fits you.
We two grandparents and one grandson agreed....it's a beautiful place to visit (despite the record breaking temperatures we had over the weekend) but in reality, it's not really us. East Coasters? yep that's us. But we did have some fun in the California sun!
Not the greatest of photos with my iPhone but definitely some great memories for me.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Travel West, then Westward Some More
Labels:
12,
California,
college,
grandson,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(248)
-
▼
September
(21)
- Once Again...
- Flashback Friday: No I Didn't Eat Them
- Miss Moss is so Clever
- Wordless Wednesday: Faux Grass?
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, PSE 11 is Here
- AAM - Playing With the iPhone Camera
- Sunday Serenade: Maybe Next Month
- And Then I Went Here
- Flashback Friday: It Was His Birthday
- Places I Go
- Wordless Wednesday: Right-o Mr. Ricardo
- Tuesday Tutorial: PSE Text Overlays for Photos
- Travel West, then Westward Some More
- Sunday Serenday: Goodbye California
- Flashback Friday: A Day at the Beach
- Wordless Wednesday: Life's a Circus
- Tuesday Tutorial: Adding a B&W Background in PSE
- Why Didn't I Think of This
- Sunday Serenade: You Had to be There
- Flashback Friday: AZ Then & Now
- It's One of Those Times
-
▼
September
(21)
Popular Posts
-
What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here , and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed o...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Hop hop hop. I decided to join in this one which is unusual for me but thought what the heck. Try something different. I think I am about on...
-
All in all, I am happier barefoot and if we didn't have an old cat who is prone to regurgitation, I'd be barefoot a lot. But this i...
-
So far this year, I've only done one page for each week. I wasn't sure how that would go but I seemed to be pulled in so many direc...
-
Feeding America It's that time of year again. A good time. The sun is out, the gardens are starting to look like they have halfway forgo...
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them. I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to sha...
-
While I have been keeping my OLW, One Little Word , of LEARN in my mind over the past couple of months, a lot of serious travel has kept m...



No comments:
Post a Comment