Yesterday, I finally went to the dentist. The first time in 2 years! Terrible I know. I'm not afraid of the dentist, don't mind going but somehow our travel got in the way and well, you know how it is. Some things don't get the priority they should. Most all was fine except a crown I thought might be loose was not. However, the crown next to it has decay underneath and I'm going back in Thurs to see if it can be dealt with or do I need a ...root canal. I'm praying for my teeth.
I was still pretty much ok with this but today, that tooth did not feel good. Never a bit of an obvious issue til today! It felt as if there were an infection in my jaw. I was on antibiotics in less than an hour of my call to the dentist. That is a wonderful turn around time for the pharmacy at Target to fill a prescription and me taking the first pills. So the down stuff worked out pretty darn good I'd say.
Now the ups. I've been taking Claudine Hellmuth's Collage Class at Big Picture Classes, and today finally got around to doing vignettes, the subject of lesson 3. I got behind with two lessons but was ok since the lessons are up on line - forEVAH. Well as long as BPC is in existence which is a good enough guarantee for me.
Here's what I did. Yes, my funny bone was itchy today! I like humor in art and if I call it art, it's art. Right?? This one is "Venus on the Cabbage Leaf", an icon with a smile.
Now we have "Jack in the Beanstalk's Wife Maude" . The collage was going to be about Jack, but somehow Maude seemed to have her own thoughts on that. I told Maude to get a realtor but she's still hoping in Jack's vines.
Are you having fun today? I hope so!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(235)
-
▼
June
(14)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 29
- Downs and Ups
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 26
- RECOGNIZING A STROKE
- Flahsback Friday 11 06 24
- 365 Week 22
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 22
- While I Dogsat
- The Reluctant Gardener
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 15
- Scrappin' Fool
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 12
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 05
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 01
-
▼
June
(14)
Popular Posts
-
What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here , and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed o...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Hop hop hop. I decided to join in this one which is unusual for me but thought what the heck. Try something different. I think I am about on...
-
All in all, I am happier barefoot and if we didn't have an old cat who is prone to regurgitation, I'd be barefoot a lot. But this i...
-
So far this year, I've only done one page for each week. I wasn't sure how that would go but I seemed to be pulled in so many direc...
-
Feeding America It's that time of year again. A good time. The sun is out, the gardens are starting to look like they have halfway forgo...
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them. I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to sha...
-
While I have been keeping my OLW, One Little Word , of LEARN in my mind over the past couple of months, a lot of serious travel has kept m...


No comments:
Post a Comment