This happened recently and it was a funny but dangerous incident. The pictures almost tell the story.
I sit down to breakfast, mug of tea on hand, bowl of oatmeal ready, laptop done with, the newspapers to read.
I decide to light the nice red candle to the left of my placemat. Make it a nice breakfast atmosphere just for me.
While eating my oatmeal I read the newspaper, and then slowly notice something.
The open page of the paper is right over the candle, and is slowly starting to burn. Fortunately that was all. Could I blame it all on the night before???
It was that glorious full moon AND the eclipse. I say that's what it was and stick to that story, but I don't burn candles at the breakfast table any more.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(235)
-
▼
January
(22)
- I went to Canada
- The Beauty of Different
- It was one of those days..
- Charcutepalooza and Me
- Flashback Friday 11 01 28
- Wordless Wednesday 11 01 26
- All Sick on the Eastern Front
- The Week Draws Down
- Wordless Wednesday 11 01 19
- On My Cooking Agenda
- Project 365 Week 2
- Converted 1st, Cured 2nd
- Flashback Friday 11 01 14
- Truly Amazing
- Wordless Wednesday 11 01 12
- The Fruits of His Labor
- Project 365 Week 1
- What a find!
- Flashback Friday 11 01 07
- Wordless Wednesday 11 01 05
- Blowin' My Fuse
- Sunday, Sunday
-
▼
January
(22)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...



No comments:
Post a Comment