A lot of thought has been given to these two concepts lately. Our granddaughter Bekah's illness and recent near death has prompted me to rethink hope and acceptance rather than hope vs acceptance.
When someone we love is critically ill, it's natural to hope, to pray that all things will resolve, sooner rather than later, too! When it is a little child how much stronger that desire for a quick resolution to the issue, the illness becomes. Even as a child myself in grade school, I was taught that God hears all prayers and answers them. Sometimes the answer is no, or not yet, or are you sure that's what you want? That I believe is an answer geared to a childish mind, and yet sometimes as an adult that is as far as we, I, can go. I only know I want a child's suffering to end while at the same time knowing full well that all sad and painful things do NOT end with miracle cures or recoveries.
So how does one have hope, and yet be willing to accept the possibility that a child will continue to suffer or that a child will die sooner rather than later? I think recently I have come to believe that one can always have hope...hope that there is a possibility that what is longed for, what is prayed for may happen. May. It may be in a natural course of events, or it may occur under circumstances that fails all 'reasonable' explanations. We usually call this a miracle and I think the longer one lives the more likely one can see or recall things, wonderful things, that seemed virtually impossible but actually ended up happening.
For me this has now come down to being able to hope in the possiblity, to hope that the nearly impossible-to-achieve outcome may happen, and still, still accept what actually does happen No Matter What. I can believe in the power of prayer and yet understand that sometimes what the prayer does is 'heal' the heart and soul of the person praying.
For all of this Bekah, I love you for being willing to be the teacher. You are truly loved.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(268)
-
▼
March
(17)
- Flashback Friday
- One Word Wednesday
- We can see clearly now...
- When it rains, it pours
- the birds are back
- Wordless Thursday...sorta
- Love the image, loved the book
- AAM Monday
- Goodbye my friend
- Gratitude 2
- Wordless Wednesday
- Oh but you are worthy!
- AAM Monday
- Deja Vu
- Hello Hilton Head
- Hope and Acceptance
- Wordless Wednesday
-
▼
March
(17)
Popular Posts
-
What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here , and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed o...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Hop hop hop. I decided to join in this one which is unusual for me but thought what the heck. Try something different. I think I am about on...
-
All in all, I am happier barefoot and if we didn't have an old cat who is prone to regurgitation, I'd be barefoot a lot. But this i...
-
So far this year, I've only done one page for each week. I wasn't sure how that would go but I seemed to be pulled in so many direc...
-
Feeding America It's that time of year again. A good time. The sun is out, the gardens are starting to look like they have halfway forgo...
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them. I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to sha...
-
While I have been keeping my OLW, One Little Word , of LEARN in my mind over the past couple of months, a lot of serious travel has kept m...
No comments:
Post a Comment