The idea of Pork and Pears came to me straight from the cover of the most recent Williams-Sonoma catalog. Oh if I could have space for more LeCreusets in almost all the colors! I have two seasonal teapots but to go from red to yellow to green with the cast iron?? That is luxury and really, in truth, needless luxury. but fun to think about
So, if you clicked that link above, you will see what the goal was. Ok, so I'm one of the women who Messes With the Recipe. You knew that. I had a pork roast in the freezer but not a boneless loin but the right size and shape. I had the Anjou pears (and isn't it great that they were 99c a lb last week???), onions instead of leeks which I had already cooked up over the weekend - the leeks i.e., but all the rest. Well, I had half and half instead of cream, but that was enough to up the caloric value imho. You get the picture of how I cook.
Here's that roast browned, with the browned pears, ready to go back into the LeCreuset and the oven.
Now the gravy is simmering away after adding the half and half.
Eh voila! (or eh viola! if you want a musical twist)the final dinner. Boy it was good if the cook says so herself. Now I remember why I like to cook. My adaptation of the recipe is here.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(248)
-
▼
March
(24)
- You sound happy...
- Words and Pictures
- Up in the Air but not on a Plane
- My Creative Space
- One more Time
- For The Girls
- Words and Pictures
- Still Doin' Catchup
- Flashback Friday
- Words and Pictures
- My Creative Space
- I like How The Day Sounds
- Asparagus Days
- Words and Pictures
- Pork and Pears
- Things Making Me Happy
- Still wintery so wintery dinner
- Still not In Synch
- Twas a lazy Sunday
- Simmering on Saturday
- Have you been over there?
- The 6th of the 6th
- Snow Blankets Washington Area
- Just A Minute!
-
▼
March
(24)
Popular Posts
-
What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here , and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed o...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Hop hop hop. I decided to join in this one which is unusual for me but thought what the heck. Try something different. I think I am about on...
-
All in all, I am happier barefoot and if we didn't have an old cat who is prone to regurgitation, I'd be barefoot a lot. But this i...
-
So far this year, I've only done one page for each week. I wasn't sure how that would go but I seemed to be pulled in so many direc...
-
Feeding America It's that time of year again. A good time. The sun is out, the gardens are starting to look like they have halfway forgo...
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them. I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to sha...
-
While I have been keeping my OLW, One Little Word , of LEARN in my mind over the past couple of months, a lot of serious travel has kept m...
1 comment:
Yum! I love pork and pears together and that looks absolutely delicious.
Post a Comment