Sunday, September 14, 2008

This is...what I do with 10 spare minutes

I have a lot of these now that I'm retired but ...

Mostly my spare moments come while I am in the house. I am fortunate that I don't have to do much or go many places where I have to wait. If there is that possibility, I usually have a bag with a magazine to read - something to look at in short bursts.

I also have followed Flylady's concept of ...you can do anything for 15 minutes...so sometimes those 10 min gaps are spent clearing off a 'hotspot', meaning a pile of anything in whatever room I'm in. I can also wipe down a kitchen counter or a bathroom in 10 minutes. I can also clean up yet another spot I've noticed where the cat has thrown up. Sigh.

photo from cheryl
Mostly I use the time at home to get another glass of water, or get rid of another glass of water previously taken in. Water in, water out! Hydration is good but... ;-)

Oh yeah, and in the car at traffic lights I file my nails. I keep emery boards around everywhere. Nothing exciting in those spare minutes but maybe if you click the "This Is" button on the right you'll find someone who has a great activity for those 10 precious moments! Thanks to hoppobumpo for this week's topic.

5 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I've started using the technique of doing things in 15 minutes as well. It's great and I can't believe how much I get done!

Liesl said...

I think I need to give the 15 minute technique a go. I might actually get a few things done around the house!

Lilli boo said...

Right, I am certainly learning about time management on some of these posts and the art of using time effectively...excellent ideas...

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I've never heard of the 15 minutes time slot, but heck, it sounds like gold. I am going to start using it, then I, like Hoppo Bumpo, will get some things done around this place!

Jenny said...

Like your 15 minute bursts of activity-good idea:)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts