In the 1950s and 60s, my father sold tires in Washington DC at 23rd and M NW. He had occasion to meet many influential people at this job as well as just ordinary folks who wanted to get tires while they were at work. One of them was a White House photographer who gave this photo to my father. It had been taken in mid November 1963 at the church of St. Stephen the Martyr on 24th and Pennsylvania Avenue. A young president and his wife at a church that was just built in 1961. FBI agents on both sides of them.
Who knew what was to come and what that suit would symbolize to most any Americans who were alive at that time. Sadly, by the time the photographer gave this photo to my father in spring of 1964, we all knew.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
TBT: When the Suit Was Just Pretty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2016
(206)
-
▼
February
(21)
- Five on Friday: February 27, 2016
- TBT: Men in Robes 1970s
- Wordless Wednesday: February 24, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: River Cruise Day 5 Rudes...
- AAM Monday Project Life Week Seven
- Five on Friday: February 19, 2016
- TBT: 1981 Khartoum Visit
- Wordless Wednesday: My Little Friends
- Travel With Me Tuesday: River Cruise pages 5 and 6
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 6
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Five on Friday: February 12, 2016
- TBT: Things I Need To Throw Away
- Wordless Wednesday: Yes, We Obeyed
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Rhine Cruise pages 3 and 4
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 5
- Five on Friday: February 6, 2016
- TBT: When the Suit Was Just Pretty
- Wordy Wednesday: In the End...
- Travel With Me Tuesday; Rhine Cruise Pages 1-2
- AAM Monday Project Life Week 4
-
▼
February
(21)
Popular Posts
-
What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here , and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed o...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Hop hop hop. I decided to join in this one which is unusual for me but thought what the heck. Try something different. I think I am about on...
-
All in all, I am happier barefoot and if we didn't have an old cat who is prone to regurgitation, I'd be barefoot a lot. But this i...
-
So far this year, I've only done one page for each week. I wasn't sure how that would go but I seemed to be pulled in so many direc...
-
Feeding America It's that time of year again. A good time. The sun is out, the gardens are starting to look like they have halfway forgo...
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them. I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to sha...
-
While I have been keeping my OLW, One Little Word , of LEARN in my mind over the past couple of months, a lot of serious travel has kept m...

No comments:
Post a Comment