From my first marriage in April 1966...
I always loved this photo of my Aunt Florence (on left) and my mother (center) dancing an Irish jig with a flock of the cousins. Some are Flaherty relatives of my former husband and some are Carroll relatives of mine. I remember we went from the polka music to Irish jig music. I also recall that my new husband didn't dance to either! I wonder why I've married two men who can't dance! Funny how that goes.
Interesting to look at my mother and aunt and realize they were only 50 years old at that time. Sadly both women would be dead of either cancer or Alzheimers in a decade. It's really such a shame to have lost them for so much of my life.
Thursday, September 10, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2015
(209)
-
▼
September
(16)
- Wordless Wednesday: September 30, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Taos
- AAM Monday: Week in the Life Thursday, Friday & Sa...
- Five on Friday: September 25, 2015
- Travel with Me Thursday: Pueblo to Taos
- Wordless Wednesday: September 23, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The SW Trip Goes North
- AAM Monday: WITL 2015 Tuesday and Wednesday
- 5 on Friday: September 18, 2015
- TBT: Bangkok 1976
- Wordless Wednesday: September 16, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Southwest Journey Begins
- AAM Monday: Let's Get Going With WITL
- TBT: 1966 Dancing an Irish Jig
- Wordless Wednesday: September 9, 2015
- Week In the Life Day 1
-
▼
September
(16)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...

No comments:
Post a Comment