Another day, another month. Wow. Sometimes in the year the days seem to go slowly but right now it seems like the days are starting to go quickly. Maybe it feels like that because I was up in Boston for almost a week. That really throws me off my routine but that IS the point of a vacation isn't it.
My profound (!) thoughts for the week.
1. It's spring! I always say I don't need to see the cherry blossoms in DC because I have some of my own.
2. Madame Secretary is really getting even better I think. Of course, it's set in my backyard and we know government round here. But the stories are so close to the headlines it's almost creepy.
3. Baking has returned but I'm only getting C- in the course! My RiceKrispie treats tasted great but made a friction' mess in the pan and the bottom was burned. My shortbread would have been great if I had read the recipe through before starting. That is so basic I can't believe I just jumped in without reading.
4. The little mini boot I have to wear at night for my ankle seems to be helping a lot. As the doctor said, she can't or rather doesn't suggest doing anything to remove the calcium deposits that are a bone spur but she can help manage or alleviate the pain. Sometimes, if I'm home most of the day, I will wear the full calf boot which also helps a great deal. A drag to walk in round the house but not terribly hard. This is the big boot. And yes, we go from warm to downright chilly round here. I've still needed that heater now and then
5. I've surprised myself by continuing to enjoy coffee more than I ever did. Of course, it's mild coffee with half and half. Not the Sumatra sludge my dh drinks. Sometimes I even put a bit of hot chocolate in mine to make a real mocha! I can see that as an iced summer drink.
Have a great weekend!
Friday, May 1, 2015
Five on Friday: Hello May!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2015
(209)
-
▼
May
(20)
- Five on Friday: May 29 2015
- TBT: When Downtown Washington DC Had Department St...
- Wordless Wednesday: Talk About Good!
- Getting Back in the Groove
- Memorial Day 2015
- Five on Friday: May 22, 2015
- Wordless Wednesday: Michael Shrieve 1969
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 15, 2015
- TBT: 1949 First the Appendix, Then Chicken Pox
- Wordless Wednesday: Pennsylvania Lavender
- Tip For Tuesday: Becky Higgins Travel Photo Tips
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- Five on Friday: May 8, 2015
- TBT: And Now She's Driving
- Wordless Wednesday: Sometimes the Ads Are Right
- Tip for Tuesday: Hummus Pancakes? Thank You Dorie ...
- AAM Starting Boston
- Five on Friday: Hello May!
-
▼
May
(20)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...



No comments:
Post a Comment