I have thoroughly enjoyed the classes even tho I am a natural born classroom wiggler. Even in college, I could feel my body (and butt!) getting restless after sitting for 45 minutes. Those last 15 minutes were usually a killer as I wiggled round in my seat, restless and ready to get up and stand, walk ...anything other than sit. I have been known to be able to sit quietly on a stage, ladylike and well behaved for extended periods of time when it was required in a former job. Fortunately, at some point in all that sitting, I would be getting up to make a short speech so I knew a break would come eventually. But I was 20 years younger then and my old restless self is back.
It's a good thing that I have the various exercise classes in the mornings to give my body a bit of moving about before the evening's marathon sit. Tonight will involve some more standing and doing some 'hands on' work though I'm not sure what that will involve. I do know that I have loved the training and have been very grateful to the Talbot Hospice for the quality of speakers and the loving kindness they have all radiated. They set a high standard for those of us who are training to be volunteers.So as much as I'm glad to be done with the 6 hrs of sitting, I know I will miss the camaraderie and love I've had over these 4 or so weeks. But next comes putting that training into action. That's the progression and I look forward to the next stage, with only a bit of trepidation!
![]() |
| Talbot Hospice |

1 comment:
Congrats on taking the class. I am not sure I could.
Post a Comment