Here is an old photo of people who must have been friends of my mother. I date this photo to the late 30s. I always find it poignant that my mother had so many photos of high school friends with wedding dresses and apparently 'proper' weddings. I don't doubt that she too dreamed of this kind of wedding.
However, when my parents married there was no money for that kind of thing, and my mother had a pale blue suit. Even the church was an issue because my mother was a Lithuanian Catholic, and my father was an Irish Catholic. I'm told that it was like two different religions and the mixture was not one that was easily approved. I'm sure my parents are not in different sections of heaven right now. At least there, such things don't matter.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Flashback Friday 11 07 29 - 1930's Wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(235)
-
▼
July
(23)
- Sunday Serenade 11 07 30
- Popcorn Time
- Flashback Friday 11 07 29 - 1930's Wedding
- Wordless Wednesday 11 07 27 - 4 years ago
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 07 26
- Sunday Serenade 11 07 24
- Flashback Friday 11 07 22
- Some Days...
- Wordless Wednesday 11 07 20 -Imagine
- Tuesday Tutorial
- Sunday Serenade 11 07 17
- More Still Scrappin'
- Flashback Friday 11 07 08 15
- Still Scrappin'
- Wordless Wednesday 11 07 13
- Peace and Laughter
- Flashback Friday 11 07 08
- My Test Montage
- Wordless Wednesday 11 07 06 - Totally My Husband
- Happy Grid
- July 4th Freedom
- Sunday Serenade 11 07 03
- Flashback Friday 11 07 01
-
▼
July
(23)
Popular Posts
-
When you clean up your hard drive, it's always good to pitch items that are no longer useful. Maybe the ones that you know you won't...
-
The Mayo Lectures... could this have been the start? Look at the grasshoppers, ears attuned to the words of the master. Hmmm....all the gra...
-
Week 4 had lots of good things. The lunch at the Seafood Palace, the way the cat loves to sleep here, there and most anywhere, the art finis...
-
bettythegeek picked this week's theme in threebutton's meme. Well done ladies! Well, the first thing that sprang to mind was from ...
-
So many things could go here...obviously family, spouse, children, grandchildren, and all the people who are in my 'family by choice....
-
Well here it is December and my 30 Days of Thankful is complete. I may print these myself as I have a new HP Envy Printer and 3 months of f...
-
Yes, this is the last post for the yearly November project. Glad to have done it and glad it's finished! That's my usual response fo...
-
Our life changed a good deal in early January so my time became very busy. These two weeks tell that story in a very abbreviated fashion. I...
-
Something I'm surprised I like...Cleveland Ohio. Today's This is...comes from Victoria at Earl and Cookie and more players can be f...
-
I thought about trying out Travelers' Notebooks last year and went ahead to buy an album in December. That's a good sign I'm act...

No comments:
Post a Comment