So 2008's mammogram is over and I've exhaled and can continue putting up Christmas decorations, deciding that the cat is in a settled stomach phase and so I can wash the floors, I can sign up for another swap, and I can kiss dh goodbye as he gets on an airplane. So so many things that might have been Put On Hold.
I think of people in my life who are on hold...for the right man, the right apartment, the right job. I get it. I was On Hold so many years thinking that the next country would be where I would be happy, where my husband would see ME, where my life would finally start. Oh so many years put on hold, so many chances missed waiting for what...did I ever even know?
Well, today the gratitude is for the reminder that no matter what, it is today that I have. A day as perfect as any day will ever be. I'm hanging the emotional phone up now. Sorry, I've waited long enough. Gotta run...there's a lotta life to live!
2 comments:
What a beautiful post Maureen and great news that all went well in your mammogram.
I used to be on hold for this or that but now I feel so much more free than I did back in the day.
I'm with you on that one! No point waiting for your life to start, doing it 'later' in a day that might not come. Run around and enjoy!
Post a Comment