Translate

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheap Slut Olive Oil and other Food Perversions


Sometimes it seems that food just can't be food. I asked my ds about a recipe he had made in the restaurant where he works, and he said, x, y and 'good bacon'.  I didn't take it as a personal affront, but really, I've rarely gone into a store and asked for poor bacon, bad bacon, or inferior bacon. Now I do buy the chopped bacon bits at our Amish market, but it's still good bacon and works just fine for rendering some for a roast.  Lately I have seen the term 'good bacon' bandied about a lot.  If you are reading this, please tell me you have used non-good bacon!

I put that term in the same category as the sign at a local fast food joint.... Naturally Cut Fries.  As opposed to 'unnaturally' cut? Is that some sort of food perversion or fetish? Actually, I really don't want to know more and I suspect you don't either. If your fries aren't good, AND bad for me, I believe the method used is not relevant.  So there.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts