ENTRÉE WORLD'S BEST MEATLOAF via CanaryBird
1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs - (tear up soft sliced bread - don't use fine crumbs as for breading)
1 1/2 lb ground meat (beef or pork & beef) (about 700 grams)
1 beaten egg
1 onion chopped fine
1/4 teasp DRY Colman's (or similar) mustard
1/8 teasp ground sage
1/2 teasp ground thyme
1 1/2 teasp salt
1/4 teasp pepper
1/8 teasp nutmeg
1 chopped green pepper ( MMR I rehydrate dried green peppers)
1 tin condensed tomato soup (eg Campbells's) or better 10 oz of Sofrito
3/4 cup grated celery
3/4 cup grated carrot
1) Mix meat with egg, add onion and seasonings and bread crumbs, greens and carrots
2) Add half the tin of soup and mix everything well. Turn into greased loaf pan or glass casserole dish 8.5 x 11 x 2.5 inches and pour remaining soup over the top, smoothing it evenly over all.
3) Bake 350 F (177 C) for 1 1/4 hours. Source: American Pro Footbal Player's Wife in 1963
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Spring Inside
- This is...
- Stick to the plain ol' ...
- Many thanks to our teacher Virginia Olson
- Memories of Day 2 Baking Class
- Memories of Day 1 Baking Class
- Baking Class...Baby Steps
- Portuguese Soupas
- Getting Back to Soup
- CHICKEN Nancy's Asian Marinade
- Pumpkin Soups - Compare and Choose
- Habanero Bites
- Williams-Sonoma Pork with Pears
- Crockpot Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
- The mischievous tag
- Winter Lasagne
- AASPN TUT Using Gradient with Clipping Mask
- AnnT's Greek Souvlaki
- CZ Rounded Corner Tutorial
- World's Best Meatloaf
- Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- If You Lived Your Life Abroad
- ▼ January (22)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...