Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
3lb chuck roast (mine was closer to 2lb)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 large white onion (I used about 1/4 cup dried onion)
1 (10.35oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c water (I used apple cider)
1/4 cup sugar (I used light brown)
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 tsp table salt (I did not use at all)
1 tsp prepared mustard (I used ground German grainy mustard)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Brown meat in skillet/heavy pan on stove in oil till brown on all sides over medium heat.
Chop onions into 1/4inch pieces and combine with remaining ingredients in medium bowl, stirring till well mixed. Pour mixture over beef, cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
n.b. I did not add any salt because of the high salt content of the condensed mushroom soup and the Worcestershire sauce.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Spring Inside
- This is...
- Stick to the plain ol' ...
- Many thanks to our teacher Virginia Olson
- Memories of Day 2 Baking Class
- Memories of Day 1 Baking Class
- Baking Class...Baby Steps
- Portuguese Soupas
- Getting Back to Soup
- CHICKEN Nancy's Asian Marinade
- Pumpkin Soups - Compare and Choose
- Habanero Bites
- Williams-Sonoma Pork with Pears
- Crockpot Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
- The mischievous tag
- Winter Lasagne
- AASPN TUT Using Gradient with Clipping Mask
- AnnT's Greek Souvlaki
- CZ Rounded Corner Tutorial
- World's Best Meatloaf
- Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- If You Lived Your Life Abroad
- ▼ January (22)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...
Miata? Historic tags?