Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
3lb chuck roast (mine was closer to 2lb)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 large white onion (I used about 1/4 cup dried onion)
1 (10.35oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c water (I used apple cider)
1/4 cup sugar (I used light brown)
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 tsp table salt (I did not use at all)
1 tsp prepared mustard (I used ground German grainy mustard)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Brown meat in skillet/heavy pan on stove in oil till brown on all sides over medium heat.
Chop onions into 1/4inch pieces and combine with remaining ingredients in medium bowl, stirring till well mixed. Pour mixture over beef, cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
n.b. I did not add any salt because of the high salt content of the condensed mushroom soup and the Worcestershire sauce.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Spring Inside
- This is...
- Stick to the plain ol' ...
- Many thanks to our teacher Virginia Olson
- Memories of Day 2 Baking Class
- Memories of Day 1 Baking Class
- Baking Class...Baby Steps
- Portuguese Soupas
- Getting Back to Soup
- Pumpkin Soups - Compare and Choose
- Habanero Bites
- Williams-Sonoma Pork with Pears
- Crockpot Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
- The mischievous tag
- Winter Lasagne
- AASPN TUT Using Gradient with Clipping Mask
- AnnT's Greek Souvlaki
- CZ Rounded Corner Tutorial
- World's Best Meatloaf
- Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- If You Lived Your Life Abroad
- ▼ January (21)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...