Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Crockpot Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast

Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast

3lb chuck roast (mine was closer to 2lb)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 large white onion (I used about 1/4 cup dried onion)
1 (10.35oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c water (I used apple cider)
1/4 cup sugar (I used light brown)
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 tsp table salt (I did not use at all)
1 tsp prepared mustard (I used ground German grainy mustard)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Brown meat in skillet/heavy pan on stove in oil till brown on all sides over medium heat.

Chop onions into 1/4inch pieces and combine with remaining ingredients in medium bowl, stirring till well mixed. Pour mixture over beef, cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
n.b. I did not add any salt because of the high salt content of the condensed mushroom soup and the Worcestershire sauce.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts