Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
3lb chuck roast (mine was closer to 2lb)
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 large white onion (I used about 1/4 cup dried onion)
1 (10.35oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c water (I used apple cider)
1/4 cup sugar (I used light brown)
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 tsp table salt (I did not use at all)
1 tsp prepared mustard (I used ground German grainy mustard)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Brown meat in skillet/heavy pan on stove in oil till brown on all sides over medium heat.
Chop onions into 1/4inch pieces and combine with remaining ingredients in medium bowl, stirring till well mixed. Pour mixture over beef, cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
n.b. I did not add any salt because of the high salt content of the condensed mushroom soup and the Worcestershire sauce.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Spring Inside
- This is...
- Stick to the plain ol' ...
- Many thanks to our teacher Virginia Olson
- Memories of Day 2 Baking Class
- Memories of Day 1 Baking Class
- Baking Class...Baby Steps
- Portuguese Soupas
- Getting Back to Soup
- Pumpkin Soups - Compare and Choose
- Habanero Bites
- Williams-Sonoma Pork with Pears
- Crockpot Sweet and Saucy Beef Roast
- Winter Lasagne
- AASPN TUT Using Gradient with Clipping Mask
- AnnT's Greek Souvlaki
- CZ Rounded Corner Tutorial
- World's Best Meatloaf
- Asian Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts
- If You Lived Your Life Abroad
- ▼ January (20)
When Annapolis really was a seagoing town. When Annapolis had sailing vessels in the harbor that were not luxury boats for the 'carria...
The blond in the center of the photo is #2 son after his high school graduation in Paris. He just turned 44 yesterday so time has pass...
"...I'll remember him. Running towards me, arms wide, hair blowing back from his forehead, laughing like he hadn't a care in th...
I have tried the Project Life app in the past and didn't quite get it. Now I do! I was also testing some actions for WendyZine I can see...
1. When we got married, I kind of assumed we'd have a dog as he had always had dogs. But no, no interest. Maybe this is the way to go. ...
In the 1950s and 60s, my father sold tires in Washington DC at 23rd and M NW. He had occasion to meet many influential people at this job as...
Working with the Project Life app, I find it fairly easy to do with my iPad. What I don't find as easy to do is edit my photos prior to ...