Friday, May 19, 2017

The heat...oh the Heat!


All the rain we had, all the nights we had the gas fireplaces lit as we sat and read, each one of us getting chillier and chillier until one said...Turn the Jotul on.  I will never stop being grateful to Dick for talking me into gas fireplaces. Yes, I miss the scent of wood smoke but not as much as I love having instant heat. Well all that ended this week...and I'm counting the days til there's a chill in the air again!

But now we are in the 'install the last window a/c units'. Every year, there is a problem with one or the other or as it is this year with two. Putting the units in the cellar seems to bring issues with the effin accordion panels on the sides. Plus the unit installed in my studio does not seem to cool at all and Mr. Engineer has determined that the coolant may have leaked out somewhere, sometime. This room rarely gets below 80° now. Not good. Not good at all.

I am now tasked with checking Best Buy on line to see what units fit the profile he's given me. The trouble is I have to do this research in the hot humid room without working a/c. I'm trying to be grateful for such 1st world problems but right now it's not that easy. I'm getting there because I can laugh at the 'privilege' of it all.



And people wonder why I don't want to go to Costa Rica.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts