Wy back in 2002, this little pumpkin was not so sure about the clown hired for her birthday party. It was only her 3rd birthday and it was a party with a clown, lots of people and two cakes. As the years went by, birthdays became simpler as the tend to do.
Clowns etc really sounds like a good idea when you want to make your little girl have the best party ever but some things just have to be learned. I look back on photos of my own first birthday and even in war time (WWII) it was over the top! I wonder if birthday clowns are still hired. Only birthday girl's cousin seems to enjoy him. Her brother, with the camo face paint, also looks dubious.
Then again, when birthday girl's father has his 3rd or 4th birthday, one of the chunky 4 year old neighborhood girls almost tipped the swing set over with her energetic swinging. Fortunately, we got her off the swing but not happily. Childhood birthday parties...all part of the parenting experience.
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Settle Into Harrogate
- AAM Monday : Project Life 2017 Week 3
- Wordless Wednesday: Works For Me
- AAM Monday: Books, Books, Books
- Five on Friday: January 20 2017
- TBT: We're All Doubtful About Clowns
- Wordless Wednesday: San Pedro CA
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Hello and Goodbye London -...
- AAM Monday: Project Life 2017 Week 1
- Five On Friday: January 13, 2017
- Wordless Wednesday: January 11, 2017
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Leave for England
- AAM Monday: I Got It!
- FIVE on Friday: January 6, 2017
- TBT: That Winter of 1966
- Wordless Wednesday: Sadly It Never Does Seem to W...
- I've been reading! 2016 Goals Met
- AAM Monday; A Slow Start to a New Year
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...