Friday, January 6, 2017
FIVE on Friday: January 6, 2017
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck and parts of the grass. Out front, it's just a sprinkling on the bushes. Usually, the snow doesn't stick to the brick driveway or walk until it's heavier. That's good because it makes walking easier.
2. I did a massive amount of grocery shopping yesterday when himself told me snow was predicted for today. I got to the store(s) round noon and they were well stocked and pretty empty. Actually by the time I got to Trader Jo's I think the word was out but it still wasn't bad. Now today and tomorrow, I'll think of things I wish I had bought. But I have to be up next to Costco next week so that may solve my 'time to get the big jugs of detergent and softener'. That's about a twice a year purchase for me.
3. Construction work stopped yesterday in our cellar. We had it waterproofed...god willing!...and the jackhammers half the day were a challenge. Fortunately, I was two floors up and put some meditation music on. There is still some final work to be done but not this week. I asked for a week off and that will also let the concrete set even more.
4. Today was another batch of steel cut oats. This time I made them with water and I don't think I like them that much that way. Normally, it's pure milk but next time I'll go with half water and half milk. What do you use?
5. Since we got DirectTV about two years ago, I have enjoyed recording various movies to watch later. Last March...yes, what can I say???...I recorded San Andreas. I had been sooo anxious to watch it but once I had it, it never seemed the right time. kwim? well I watched it last night with a good mug of decaf mocha. Slept like a baby but then I don't live on the left coast, do I!
Have a great weekend, snow or summer depending on your base. See you back here Monday!
- ► 2018 (68)
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Settle Into Harrogate
- AAM Monday : Project Life 2017 Week 3
- Wordless Wednesday: Works For Me
- AAM Monday: Books, Books, Books
- Five on Friday: January 20 2017
- TBT: We're All Doubtful About Clowns
- Wordless Wednesday: San Pedro CA
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Hello and Goodbye London -...
- AAM Monday: Project Life 2017 Week 1
- Five On Friday: January 13, 2017
- Wordless Wednesday: January 11, 2017
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Leave for England
- AAM Monday: I Got It!
- FIVE on Friday: January 6, 2017
- TBT: That Winter of 1966
- Wordless Wednesday: Sadly It Never Does Seem to W...
- I've been reading! 2016 Goals Met
- AAM Monday; A Slow Start to a New Year
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
fron On Sutton Place
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Don't ask me where the time has gone. I feel like I've been in a bit of a fog lately no doubt by the World Cup but then also by the ...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...