Friday, January 6, 2017
FIVE on Friday: January 6, 2017
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck and parts of the grass. Out front, it's just a sprinkling on the bushes. Usually, the snow doesn't stick to the brick driveway or walk until it's heavier. That's good because it makes walking easier.
2. I did a massive amount of grocery shopping yesterday when himself told me snow was predicted for today. I got to the store(s) round noon and they were well stocked and pretty empty. Actually by the time I got to Trader Jo's I think the word was out but it still wasn't bad. Now today and tomorrow, I'll think of things I wish I had bought. But I have to be up next to Costco next week so that may solve my 'time to get the big jugs of detergent and softener'. That's about a twice a year purchase for me.
3. Construction work stopped yesterday in our cellar. We had it waterproofed...god willing!...and the jackhammers half the day were a challenge. Fortunately, I was two floors up and put some meditation music on. There is still some final work to be done but not this week. I asked for a week off and that will also let the concrete set even more.
4. Today was another batch of steel cut oats. This time I made them with water and I don't think I like them that much that way. Normally, it's pure milk but next time I'll go with half water and half milk. What do you use?
5. Since we got DirectTV about two years ago, I have enjoyed recording various movies to watch later. Last March...yes, what can I say???...I recorded San Andreas. I had been sooo anxious to watch it but once I had it, it never seemed the right time. kwim? well I watched it last night with a good mug of decaf mocha. Slept like a baby but then I don't live on the left coast, do I!
Have a great weekend, snow or summer depending on your base. See you back here Monday!
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Settle Into Harrogate
- AAM Monday : Project Life 2017 Week 3
- Wordless Wednesday: Works For Me
- AAM Monday: Books, Books, Books
- Five on Friday: January 20 2017
- TBT: We're All Doubtful About Clowns
- Wordless Wednesday: San Pedro CA
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Hello and Goodbye London -...
- AAM Monday: Project Life 2017 Week 1
- Five On Friday: January 13, 2017
- Wordless Wednesday: January 11, 2017
- Travel With Me Tuesday: We Leave for England
- AAM Monday: I Got It!
- FIVE on Friday: January 6, 2017
- TBT: That Winter of 1966
- Wordless Wednesday: Sadly It Never Does Seem to W...
- I've been reading! 2016 Goals Met
- AAM Monday; A Slow Start to a New Year
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I love getting so many pages done in January. A Month of Challenges sounds daunting but it's only an hour or two each day. Lots of fun ...
original by tsevis