Friday, January 13, 2017

Five On Friday: January 13, 2017


1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim. There is nothing quite like California food and even better is California Arab food. I saw this place on Instagram.



2. I'm back to doing a load of laundry a day. With just one person in the house I was back to about once in three days or so and that included sheets and towels from when there were two of us.  I've had my washer and dryer for over 15 years and they are still going strong. ASCO stackables.

3. Over the years I've done volunteer work at the local detention center. I stopped when I had my knee replaced but have signed on again. I went for a new orientation and badging Tuesday night and hope there is a job for me. It turns out that we in the county are good volunteers. There are more badged volunteers than inmates!

4. Doing the daily challenge at The Lilypad's MOC (Month of Challenges) has been a lot of fun. Plus you can receive a $20. gift certificate if you complete them all. This has been one of my favorites. It was to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card 2x3in). I haven't done ATCs for quite a while and did not enjoy them when I was doing them with paper and glue. I thought I would but it just didn't turn out that way. I am so much happier with digital!



5.I have a couple of things I wanted to get done before himself gets back from Florida. I found that my energy level was not as high as I had thought or hoped. Oh well, that's how it goes and eventually it all gets done...or really wasn't that important after all. So says I.

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you here again next week!




No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts