Thursday, December 29, 2016

TBT: Joe's First Communion circa 1950

I can't be sure of the date but as my cousin Joe and I were both born in 1944, I'm thinking that our first communions would have been in 1950 or 1951.


This image is cut off on both sides because it came from our Nana's wallet. Nana, the woman in the center, lived with me and my parents a lot of the time so there was no photo of me at this stage. Joe however, lived up in Pennsylvania so she didn't see him as much. On the left is his mother, Aunt Florence and on the right is his Aunt Mary - the Irish McGee sisters. Joe's father had been killed in WWII so he grew up with a lot of women about and funnily enough now has a wife and THREE daughters!

I see Nana is still wearing lace up shoes as a good matron did in those days but my Aunt Florence has a pair of rather fancy ones. The appear to be red and peepy-toe. Snazzy! I will bet that her suit is navy blue, a spring color to go with that boater with the red ribbon! One day I'll get round to getting rid of that yellow cast but today is not that day!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts