Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Travel With Me Tuesday: Sonora Texas 1966

N

Not a great photo but seemingly the only one that survived this day trip from San Angelo. When we had free time we wandered as far as we could go and get back the same day. The size of Texas was a revalation to us, used to the smaller East Coast states. Hoping to have a baby before we left Texas, we also knew that our days of total freedom were coming to an end. Did we actually go into the caverns? I suspect so but as we had both been to the ones in Luray VA, I can't be sure that we did.

I do remember that I looked at these covered wagons and doubted that I would have been the one to agree to Go West back in the pioneer days. But that is looking at these choices with 21st century eyes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts