Thursday, August 25, 2016

TBT: School Day 1950s

Back with another photo of me and my friend Mary Ellen. While it's not back to school time,  it is a school morning and my mother is coming out of the apartment door while my father takes a photo. Believe it or not my socks were green to match...my uniform jumper? but more likely my Girl Scout sweater.



Mary Ellen and I walked to school so I don't know what was going on that both of my parents were not at work. That's a mystery I may never know as well as why did my father have his? camera then. Perhaps this was a photo for a Girl Scout badge as I did developing then for that badge. Whatever. It's two 9 year old girls squinting and giggling on a typical day before school. And I'm glad to have that memory.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts