1. Getting ready to say goodbye to August. It's not my favorite month because of the heat and humidity but there are a bunch of good birthdays. My friend Anna was August 11, my Nana was August 13, my son is August 26 and he shares that date with my granddaughter, his niece. Maybe all the candles (if they were all alive) is causing the heat!
2. When my fisherman came back from Alaska he stopped at the Midway (Chicago) airport and bought snacks for me. I'd heard of this place and thought of going on one of our Chicago trips but it was a cold, cold time and a bit to far from our hotel. Yes, it's all gone. A combo of cheese popcorn and candied. Very very good combo.
3. I am waiting for my molar crown to be replaced and with the temporary, I'm being very careful about chewing on that side so most of those candied kernels just got a bit of savoring before they hit the trashcan.
4. A friend of mine had yellow polish on her toes last week. That was what I wanted not this. I'll have to ask her what color it was not that I plan to have yellow again. Oh well...in the scheme of life it's not critical is it?
5. I have been waiting for it to get cooler for some semi-local trips. Alas, it seems that our 90°+ weather is lingering longer than I'd like. I had postponed a trip I'd hoped to make today til next week praying for cooler, but at least there should be less traffic. Take blessings as they come!
Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday!
- Wordless Wednesday: August 31, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Budapest - Off the Boat an...
- AAM Monday: Back to Project Life Week 33
- Five on Friday: August 26, 2016
- TBT: School Day 1950s
- Wordless Wednesday: Please, NO More
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Hello Budapest!
- AAM Monday: My Week at Home
- Time for a Staycation
- Five on Friday: August 12, 2016
- TBT: Back When I Was Almost 10
- Wordless Wednesday: It's Baltimore, hon!
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 31
- Wordless Wednesday: August 3, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Farewell to Vienna
- AAM Monday PL Week 30
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
eat more veggies
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Recently, I found this photo of me and my cousin Joe. I'd say we are about 4-5 years old here. We are - obviously- in my bedroom with al...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
A lot of bits and pieces this week. Hopefully, the last snow and ice. It didn't last long but it did make walking round the house ra...
Ok, no chicken dinner but better than that, a chance to win a super kit collection from Sabrina's Creations at The Lilypad. Looks lik...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
Despite the Dec 1967 tag on the photo, I know this one was taken earlier. We have summer warmish weather clothes on so I'm guessing it...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...