Thursday, June 9, 2016
TBT: 1967 San Angelo Texas
Our second home in Texas. We moved from an apartment to this house when we knew we were having a baby. The house was just the right size, with a large bedroom to the right of the front door and a living room to the left. There was also a sleeping porch at the back, a large kitchen and a bathroom. In the center of the house there was a small room that seemed to possibly be a small bedroom. We never really knew what if was for. Every room had at least two doors and was connected to two other rooms. We had never seen a house like this and when we got two cats they enjoyed their wandering about.We also had pecan trees in the back yard but our next door neighbor and landlady told us the pecans were hers, not ours. Pecans are hard to shell so I only stole a few.
The house also had what they called 'air coolers' - a huge contraption that circulated cool air from water running through it. After having a baby in late August, I cried and cried until my husband bought an honest to god air conditioner. We may have only used it for a month or so until we moved back to Maryland, but it saved my sanity. No more tears from Mama.
- ► 2017 (147)
- TBT: That Texas Wedding - 50 years Ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Perfecto
- Five on Tuesday : July is coming...get ready!
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 25
- Wordless Wednesday: Don't We All Wish...
- Tuesday Tutorial: Quick Brush Adjusts in PSE & CS
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 22, finally
- Five on Friday: June 17, 2016
- TBT: 2003 The Kitchen and How It Was
- Wordless Wednesday: When I Was a Gardener
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau part 2
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 23
- Five on Friday: June 8, 2016
- TBT: 1967 San Angelo Texas
- Wordless Wednesday: June 8, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Regensburg and Passau-1
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 21
- Five on Friday: June 3, 2016
- TBT 1967 San Angelo Wedding
- Wordless Wednesday: June 1, 2016
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I love getting so many pages done in January. A Month of Challenges sounds daunting but it's only an hour or two each day. Lots of fun ...
original by tsevis