Thursday, June 9, 2016
TBT: 1967 San Angelo Texas
Our second home in Texas. We moved from an apartment to this house when we knew we were having a baby. The house was just the right size, with a large bedroom to the right of the front door and a living room to the left. There was also a sleeping porch at the back, a large kitchen and a bathroom. In the center of the house there was a small room that seemed to possibly be a small bedroom. We never really knew what if was for. Every room had at least two doors and was connected to two other rooms. We had never seen a house like this and when we got two cats they enjoyed their wandering about.We also had pecan trees in the back yard but our next door neighbor and landlady told us the pecans were hers, not ours. Pecans are hard to shell so I only stole a few.
The house also had what they called 'air coolers' - a huge contraption that circulated cool air from water running through it. After having a baby in late August, I cried and cried until my husband bought an honest to god air conditioner. We may have only used it for a month or so until we moved back to Maryland, but it saved my sanity. No more tears from Mama.
- ► 2018 (67)
- ► 2017 (147)
- TBT: That Texas Wedding - 50 years Ago
- Wordless Wednesday: Perfecto
- Five on Tuesday : July is coming...get ready!
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 25
- Wordless Wednesday: Don't We All Wish...
- Tuesday Tutorial: Quick Brush Adjusts in PSE & CS
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 22, finally
- Five on Friday: June 17, 2016
- TBT: 2003 The Kitchen and How It Was
- Wordless Wednesday: When I Was a Gardener
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Passau part 2
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 23
- Five on Friday: June 8, 2016
- TBT: 1967 San Angelo Texas
- Wordless Wednesday: June 8, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Regensburg and Passau-1
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 21
- Five on Friday: June 3, 2016
- TBT 1967 San Angelo Wedding
- Wordless Wednesday: June 1, 2016
- ▼ June (20)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
A simple week, with rain, reading and a memorial service for a friend. The little black bordered photo on the first page came from the BBC ...
fron On Sutton Place
It's funny that when ever we get together down North Carolina way, we often end up having dinner at the same restaurant. Is it tradition...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...