Friday, June 3, 2016

Five on Friday: June 3, 2016

Last week we were in Arizona, so I'll share a few tidbits with you.

1.A non-stop flight to Phoenix is less than 5 hours from here. Had we had time, it would have been a 5 hour drive from there to more family in CA.  Just not this time.



2.  Dick got to play with the choo choo trains with two grandchildren. I think a little 3 year old girl fell for her Grandpa! He definitely fell for her! What a beauty.

3. For three of our days we were on a spiritual retreat.  Father Tom suggested a siesta when we weren't in session. I listened to him and had several good naps! I 'could' do that at home but of course I don't. That's what vacations are for!

4. We only managed to have one good meal in that week. A stop at a different branch of Los Dos Molinas than our usual. This dessert was one of those 1doz egg flans! It was solid and creamy and omg good.



5. Finally, on one day I managed to get egg yolk on my white shirt. It washed out fortunately and the AZ sun bleached it just fine. That afternoon, my favorite rough silk slacks gave up the ghost and shredded along the back seat.  The next day,  I managed to get stuck by cactus thorns twice! Once was my own fault but the 2nd was not.


So that's my AZ saga and it's good to be home and safe in MD. Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts