Years and years ago, my parents bought a piece of land in West Virginia. My mother had great dreams of building a house there, up on a hill with a nice view of...more land. She put up a gardening shed to keep a lawn mower and some other garden tools. She even considered sleeping in that shed! My mother truly loved gardening. My father? he couldn't care less about the whole idea.
That little one? That is my 2nd son, just turning one that January of 1973. My grandmother had just died in December 1972 and I came back to the US from England with the lad. By December of that year, my father would be dead also.
He wasn't very happy in the cold even being pulled around in the wagon. But he did have his own Aran sweater knit by my mother. It just wasn't enough!
In later years, that piece of property would end up lost in a tax sale as the updates to our many address changes never seemed to get the the tax office. I wonder what became of the property and is there a house there yet? That little boy now lives in sunny, warm Southern California. No need to cry from the cold.
- ► 2017 (136)
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Nurnberg Part 2
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 20
- Wordless Wednesday: May 25, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Nurnberg
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 19
- Five on Friday: May 20, 2016
- TBT: Leaving Bangkok 1978
- Wordless Wednesday: May 18, 2016
- Travel with Me Tuesday: Bamberg
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 13, 2016
- TBT: Working the Radio in Africa
- Wordless Wednesday: And It Was Closed...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Rothenburg
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- TBT: Almost Heaven, West Virginia 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: Cat Hearing a Child
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Farewell Heidelberg Hello ...
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 16
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Another dose of my 30 Days of Thankful 'pages'.
Looking at some photos and thinking of December Daily already, I found this one. Probably 1970 in Knaresborough England. My then husband pul...
view from Marriott's 12th floor
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
This was the week that I started to feel overwhelmed by the number of doctors I needed to visit. Some were easy enough like my eye docto...
By the time Thanksgiving comes this week, there's been a lot of times to be grateful as opposed to wanting. So 4 more images to share. ...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
That shot of me all wrapped was me prior to my colonoscopy. Certainly no screaming but in violation of the sign on the wall which says N...