So I'm back after neglecting these Friday posts for a while.I didn't think the weather bothered me but in hindsight I see it has. Maybe I need a sun lamp.
1. Yes, it is Friday the 13th. Not much one can do about that but there isn't a full moon at least with it!
2. How many days has it been raining? well all of May and a good bit of April. One thing that is 'benefiting' from the rain is the bamboo. Ugh. I have been stepping on new shoots every day and then by afternoon there are more. As my husband says, you can just about watch them grow.
3. While he's been away, I have done virtually no cooking but I did get myself some meals from Trader Joe's. Two Indian paneer dishes and one bowl of mixed stir fry veggies. I had half of those veggies last night with quinoa and peanut sauce. The sauce was an old one that was from Target and it needs a lot of oomph. It was one of those things that I thought might be good but meh.
4. My long ongoing album of our 2012 River Cruise is truly truly in the final stretch. I only have Budapest to do and I think that will be four pages. I did get all, well almost all, the earlier pages printed and in an album. I don't know how I manage to miss uploading some but it happens more than I'd like. I think later this year I'll upload the lot to a couple places and print an 8" book somewhere. In any case having the majority done and ready to look at will be a nice surprise for him.
5. As depressing as the constant grey and drizzle has been, he said that this Monday they had 9 tornadoes in OK incl an F3 and an F4 just 50 miles away. All in all I saw no reason to go with him on this trip and I think I made the right decision!
Have a great weekend people and I'll see you back on Monday.
- ► 2017 (147)
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Nurnberg Part 2
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 20
- Wordless Wednesday: May 25, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Nurnberg
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 19
- Five on Friday: May 20, 2016
- TBT: Leaving Bangkok 1978
- Wordless Wednesday: May 18, 2016
- Travel with Me Tuesday: Bamberg
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 13, 2016
- TBT: Working the Radio in Africa
- Wordless Wednesday: And It Was Closed...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Rothenburg
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- TBT: Almost Heaven, West Virginia 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: Cat Hearing a Child
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Farewell Heidelberg Hello ...
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 16
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
A week or so ago, we went to a fundraiser for Washington Jesuit Academy in DC at the Dock 5 of Union Market . It involved lots of food samp...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
Not me nor my child but a friend and her mother. If you're a parent, I hope you've had this feeling.
At last it came. Easter, April Fools, the signs of Spring. While the week was not as warm as many Marylanders hoped it will be, it was perfe...