In the 1950s and 60s, my father sold tires in Washington DC at 23rd and M NW. He had occasion to meet many influential people at this job as well as just ordinary folks who wanted to get tires while they were at work. One of them was a White House photographer who gave this photo to my father. It had been taken in mid November 1963 at the church of St. Stephen the Martyr on 24th and Pennsylvania Avenue. A young president and his wife at a church that was just built in 1961. FBI agents on both sides of them.
Who knew what was to come and what that suit would symbolize to most any Americans who were alive at that time. Sadly, by the time the photographer gave this photo to my father in spring of 1964, we all knew.
- Five on Friday: February 27, 2016
- TBT: Men in Robes 1970s
- Wordless Wednesday: February 24, 2016
- Travel With Me Tuesday: River Cruise Day 5 Rudes...
- AAM Monday Project Life Week Seven
- Five on Friday: February 19, 2016
- TBT: 1981 Khartoum Visit
- Wordless Wednesday: My Little Friends
- Travel With Me Tuesday: River Cruise pages 5 and 6...
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 6
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Five on Friday: February 12, 2016
- TBT: Things I Need To Throw Away
- Wordless Wednesday: Yes, We Obeyed
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Rhine Cruise pages 3 and 4...
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 5
- Five on Friday: February 6, 2016
- TBT: When the Suit Was Just Pretty
- Wordy Wednesday: In the End...
- Travel With Me Tuesday; Rhine Cruise Pages 1-2
- AAM Monday Project Life Week 4
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...