Monday, January 25, 2016

AAM Monday: Project Life Week 3

Working with the Project Life app, I find it fairly easy to do with my iPad. What I don't find as easy to do is edit my photos prior to the app. I have yet to venture into Lightroom on the iPad and want to be sure I'm not unnecessarily filling Cloud space allotments. I don't want to be in the position to see that Want to buy more Storage? message. That is something I need to research in the upcoming weeks.

But with the actions/templates from Wendy Zine that I tested and that are now on sale at Scrapbook Graphics, I'm pleased with the results. I modified the shadows and added a 15px inside stroke. As I use each template (which matches the PL template used) I save my changes by adding MMR in front of the name. Then they stay in the same folder and I know modifications will stay consistent.

And on to the pages.






http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/TOOLKIT-Project-Life-App-Complete-Bundle.html


That's it for this week. We'll see how next week goes and how my progress with Lightroom on the iPad goes also. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

Thanks for that, Maureen! So these drop shadows are applied in Photoshop? I was thinking you meant there was some tricky addon to the PL App! What a clever idea of Wendy's.

Esther Andrews said...

Actually, if I set up my Lightroom templates right the actions should work on the jpgs I export from LR, too, shouldn't they?! LR doesn't do drop shadows either!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Esther, if your LR templates match any of the PL templates, then that will work. I don't know how to suggest changing the size of the shadows as they are not in layered psd format. I did change the direction of the shadow and size and then added that extra stroke in PSE. I am going to open my CSCC one day - soon!

Maureen Reynolds said...

btw, these actions/templates have been tested in CSCC too.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts