It's been an ok week so far. I've been plodding my way through the culling of the Christmas decorations. I've got enough to give away but will continue with a bit more after the holidays.
A good visit with a friend gave me some clarity on that hospital visit. Boundaries. Boundaries.
1. Back in my English days, I bought a set of mushrooms like those above. They were glass and came from Germany. I had them for a couple of years and they were my absolute favorites. Then my grandmother came to visit and squished a couple when we were decorating the tree. As the years went by, I was down to one. This year it slipped out of my hand and I am now without mushrooms. Sigh.
2. In deciding to do my December Daily in the 6x8 size, I thought I would print a few things at home. However...after getting new ink and downloading the latest driver, I now have a Canon Quick Menu and it seems beyond me how I can change all my setting directly from PSE. Ok, Canon I'll play your game but not often. Ink is way too expensive so I'll stick to Persnickety sales and print my 6x8s on my 74¢ credit 8x8 prints.
3.When I got the candy for our Italian Lindt calendar, I knew there would be extras. We alternate days and he has peppermint chocolate (ugh) and a milk chocolate truffle. I have white chocolate and plain milk chocolate. Somehow, all our extras have been eaten and it's only day 11. How did that happen I wonder...
4. Very little cooking has been done this past week as he has been out to dinner or lunch quite a bit and thus there have been mucho leftovers - for him. Me? I've managed.
5. It really hasn't been terribly cold yet. In fact it's been pretty mild. Thus I have lavender blooming - still.
So whatever is going on in your neck of the woods, have a great weekend and I'll see you Monday! Be safe and be happy!
- ► 2017 (88)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Time for a Break
- That First Christmas
- TBT: New Pajamas for Christmas 1972
- December Daily 9, 10, 11
- December Daily 6, 7 and 8
- TBT Back in the 60s
- Wordless Wednesday: Vive La France!
- December Daily Day 5
- December Daily 2015: Slowing Making Progress
- Five on Friday: December 11, 2015
- TBT: My Paternal Grandmother
- Wordless Wednesday: December Desktop
- Tips on Tuesday December 8, 2015
- AAAM Monday Project Life Week 46
- Five on Friday: December 4, 2015
- TBT: 1970s Cooker I Miss
- Wordless Wednesday: Make Your Outlet, well, Differ...
- ▼ December (17)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I tried to upload a video but ran into some glitches with Blogger so... this will have to do!
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
A lot of this week's photos concentrate on a trip we took to Baltimore. We have always donated used books to various sites but thi...
original by tsevis
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
We went down south to North Carolina so there were 4 pages for this week. I often try to keep even these BIG weeks to a 2 pager but not this...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm