After a visit to our families for Christmas 1966, we headed back to Texas in the new year. But we did have an experience of a bit of snow before we left. The sweater my former husband is wearing was knit for him by my mother. Oh those Aran style sweaters she designed picking the individual cable patterns herself.
It was on the return journey to Texas that I realized for sure that I was pregnant and starting getting morning sickness around Atlanta. My husband said it was the Slim Jims I had eaten in the car but I knew. Little did I know that he would trade my automatic VW for a stick shift one while I was in the hospital that August. I didn't know how to drive a stick so that left me carless for all my pregnancy. I finally was taught by a friend in Malawi in 1980. Now I love my 5 speed and hate the thought of going back to an automatic.
- ► 2016 (206)
- It's That Day! Beware!!!
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 42
- Yes, You Can Have THAT Dress
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Days in Bernalillo
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 41
- Friday Funny October 16, 2015
- TBT: 1962 Before the Interstates or Beltways
- Wordless Wednesday: Freddy Krueger of Uzbekistan
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Chimayo But No Green Chile...
- AMM Monday: Project Life Weeks 39 & 40
- 5 on Friday: October 9, 2015
- TBT: My Daughter & Her 2nd Daughter
- Wordless Wednesday: The Photo I Wasn't Allowed To ...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Taos Farewell
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 38
- 5 on Friday: October 2, 2015
- TBT: VW in the Snow 1967
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Not the best week in my life but what is, is. Some good breakfasts and I finally got the get up and go to hang the winter shower curtai...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Wow. There wasn't a lot of blogging last week and I really can't say why. But in any case here are the pages from Week 5. That ...
I wanted fish and chips the way it was in the old days. Ok, they no longer sell fish and chips wrapped in newspaper and the vinegar is...
Thursday is my normal day to work on old photos or slides. Since I have a few pages that can now go from blogpost to scrapbook page and I ha...
February needs a good bit of red in my mind. While we don't do a lot to celebrate Valentine's day/month, I do like to brighten ...
December 8, 2016 our driver picked us up in Harrogate for a day in York. I had said I wanted to stop at #7 Crestholme Close but as we drove ...
I had great intentions of doing Week 5 yesterday but as with many good plans it's still a thought not an action. Somehow the mornin...