Thursday, October 1, 2015

TBT: VW in the Snow 1967

After a visit to our families for Christmas 1966, we headed back to Texas in the new year. But we did have an experience of a bit of snow before we left. The sweater my former husband is wearing was knit for him by my mother. Oh those Aran style sweaters she designed picking the individual cable patterns herself.


It was on the return journey to Texas that I realized for sure that I was pregnant and starting getting morning sickness around Atlanta. My husband said it was the Slim Jims I had eaten in the car but I knew. Little did I know that he would trade my automatic VW for a stick shift one while I was in the hospital that August. I didn't know how to drive a stick so that left me carless for all my pregnancy. I finally was taught by a friend in Malawi in 1980. Now I love my 5 speed and hate the thought of going back to an automatic.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts