After a visit to our families for Christmas 1966, we headed back to Texas in the new year. But we did have an experience of a bit of snow before we left. The sweater my former husband is wearing was knit for him by my mother. Oh those Aran style sweaters she designed picking the individual cable patterns herself.
It was on the return journey to Texas that I realized for sure that I was pregnant and starting getting morning sickness around Atlanta. My husband said it was the Slim Jims I had eaten in the car but I knew. Little did I know that he would trade my automatic VW for a stick shift one while I was in the hospital that August. I didn't know how to drive a stick so that left me carless for all my pregnancy. I finally was taught by a friend in Malawi in 1980. Now I love my 5 speed and hate the thought of going back to an automatic.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- It's That Day! Beware!!!
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 42
- Yes, You Can Have THAT Dress
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Days in Bernalillo
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 41
- Friday Funny October 16, 2015
- TBT: 1962 Before the Interstates or Beltways
- Wordless Wednesday: Freddy Krueger of Uzbekistan
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Chimayo But No Green Chile...
- AMM Monday: Project Life Weeks 39 & 40
- 5 on Friday: October 9, 2015
- TBT: My Daughter & Her 2nd Daughter
- Wordless Wednesday: The Photo I Wasn't Allowed To ...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Taos Farewell
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 38
- 5 on Friday: October 2, 2015
- TBT: VW in the Snow 1967
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I love getting so many pages done in January. A Month of Challenges sounds daunting but it's only an hour or two each day. Lots of fun ...
original by tsevis