After a visit to our families for Christmas 1966, we headed back to Texas in the new year. But we did have an experience of a bit of snow before we left. The sweater my former husband is wearing was knit for him by my mother. Oh those Aran style sweaters she designed picking the individual cable patterns herself.
It was on the return journey to Texas that I realized for sure that I was pregnant and starting getting morning sickness around Atlanta. My husband said it was the Slim Jims I had eaten in the car but I knew. Little did I know that he would trade my automatic VW for a stick shift one while I was in the hospital that August. I didn't know how to drive a stick so that left me carless for all my pregnancy. I finally was taught by a friend in Malawi in 1980. Now I love my 5 speed and hate the thought of going back to an automatic.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- It's That Day! Beware!!!
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 42
- Yes, You Can Have THAT Dress
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Days in Bernalillo
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 41
- Friday Funny October 16, 2015
- TBT: 1962 Before the Interstates or Beltways
- Wordless Wednesday: Freddy Krueger of Uzbekistan
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Chimayo But No Green Chile...
- AMM Monday: Project Life Weeks 39 & 40
- 5 on Friday: October 9, 2015
- TBT: My Daughter & Her 2nd Daughter
- Wordless Wednesday: The Photo I Wasn't Allowed To ...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Taos Farewell
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 38
- 5 on Friday: October 2, 2015
- TBT: VW in the Snow 1967
- ▼ October (17)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Yep, I missed Monday, not because it was a holiday, but because it was damp and miserable. I'm sure I did stuff but who knows? I did wat...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
We moved to Thailand with two sons and were expected to be there for two years. However, in that time we adopted a little three year old lit...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
A simple week, with rain, reading and a memorial service for a friend. The little black bordered photo on the first page came from the BBC ...
as seen on Pinterest
Each December (hopefully!) when I start to get ready for the next year's Project Life pages, I make folders for a month or two's wor...