From my first marriage in April 1966...
I always loved this photo of my Aunt Florence (on left) and my mother (center) dancing an Irish jig with a flock of the cousins. Some are Flaherty relatives of my former husband and some are Carroll relatives of mine. I remember we went from the polka music to Irish jig music. I also recall that my new husband didn't dance to either! I wonder why I've married two men who can't dance! Funny how that goes.
Interesting to look at my mother and aunt and realize they were only 50 years old at that time. Sadly both women would be dead of either cancer or Alzheimers in a decade. It's really such a shame to have lost them for so much of my life.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Wordless Wednesday: September 30, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Taos
- AAM Monday: Week in the Life Thursday, Friday & Sa...
- Five on Friday: September 25, 2015
- Travel with Me Thursday: Pueblo to Taos
- Wordless Wednesday: September 23, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The SW Trip Goes North
- AAM Monday: WITL 2015 Tuesday and Wednesday
- 5 on Friday: September 18, 2015
- TBT: Bangkok 1976
- Wordless Wednesday: September 16, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Southwest Journey Begi...
- AAM Monday: Let's Get Going With WITL
- TBT: 1966 Dancing an Irish Jig
- Wordless Wednesday: September 9, 2015
- Week In the Life Day 1
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Back from a week up here visiting my 2nd son and his wife. A totally good week. Cold Boston, just the way I like it for a visit.
While there were certainly many things wrong with 2017, we came through it alive and ready to take on the challenges of a new year. Each...
Seriously people, this was not me in the story but I often think of my friend telling me about this moment in her past. Truly a memorable...
When most of my scrapping is Project Life, it's really fun to do challenges that let me tell stories that I want to be told. It doesn...