From my first marriage in April 1966...
I always loved this photo of my Aunt Florence (on left) and my mother (center) dancing an Irish jig with a flock of the cousins. Some are Flaherty relatives of my former husband and some are Carroll relatives of mine. I remember we went from the polka music to Irish jig music. I also recall that my new husband didn't dance to either! I wonder why I've married two men who can't dance! Funny how that goes.
Interesting to look at my mother and aunt and realize they were only 50 years old at that time. Sadly both women would be dead of either cancer or Alzheimers in a decade. It's really such a shame to have lost them for so much of my life.
- ► 2017 (88)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Wordless Wednesday: September 30, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Taos
- AAM Monday: Week in the Life Thursday, Friday & Sa...
- Five on Friday: September 25, 2015
- Travel with Me Thursday: Pueblo to Taos
- Wordless Wednesday: September 23, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The SW Trip Goes North
- AAM Monday: WITL 2015 Tuesday and Wednesday
- 5 on Friday: September 18, 2015
- TBT: Bangkok 1976
- Wordless Wednesday: September 16, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Southwest Journey Begi...
- AAM Monday: Let's Get Going With WITL
- TBT: 1966 Dancing an Irish Jig
- Wordless Wednesday: September 9, 2015
- Week In the Life Day 1
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I tried to upload a video but ran into some glitches with Blogger so... this will have to do!
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
A lot of this week's photos concentrate on a trip we took to Baltimore. We have always donated used books to various sites but thi...
original by tsevis
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
We went down south to North Carolina so there were 4 pages for this week. I often try to keep even these BIG weeks to a 2 pager but not this...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm