From my first marriage in April 1966...
I always loved this photo of my Aunt Florence (on left) and my mother (center) dancing an Irish jig with a flock of the cousins. Some are Flaherty relatives of my former husband and some are Carroll relatives of mine. I remember we went from the polka music to Irish jig music. I also recall that my new husband didn't dance to either! I wonder why I've married two men who can't dance! Funny how that goes.
Interesting to look at my mother and aunt and realize they were only 50 years old at that time. Sadly both women would be dead of either cancer or Alzheimers in a decade. It's really such a shame to have lost them for so much of my life.
- ► 2018 (68)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Wordless Wednesday: September 30, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: A Day in Taos
- AAM Monday: Week in the Life Thursday, Friday & Sa...
- Five on Friday: September 25, 2015
- Travel with Me Thursday: Pueblo to Taos
- Wordless Wednesday: September 23, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The SW Trip Goes North
- AAM Monday: WITL 2015 Tuesday and Wednesday
- 5 on Friday: September 18, 2015
- TBT: Bangkok 1976
- Wordless Wednesday: September 16, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: The Southwest Journey Begi...
- AAM Monday: Let's Get Going With WITL
- TBT: 1966 Dancing an Irish Jig
- Wordless Wednesday: September 9, 2015
- Week In the Life Day 1
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
I have my books noted on line but I realized I tend to forget what it is I watched on tv. Most days, I am on my computer a lot but do take t...
I was taking a bit of a blog break recently with lots of visiting with family and friends. So a couple of weeks of Project Life here. Hope y...
fron On Sutton Place
Don't ask me where the time has gone. I feel like I've been in a bit of a fog lately no doubt by the World Cup but then also by the ...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
A week that involved a lot of visiting to and fro. It became a busy week with not so much else going on but isn't that a typical sum...
as seen on this Instagram account
Week sixteen started out as a chilly rainy Sunday but one that was fun. The rest of my week involved time at the Washington Retreat Cen...
So even though the policy is rescinded, I still ask WWJD with so many of 45's policies. Seriously? Pence? This is the spirit of ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...