Thursday, July 9, 2015
TBT: A Long Ago Wedding
This is a wedding in the late 1930s I suspect. My mother had many photos like this but this is the only one that has a family member in it. My Uncle Joe is the man 2nd from right in the back row who was killed in WWII in 1945. I also find it poignant that this photo shows a wedding party that had a lot more money than my mother's family did. While it was wartime in 1942, both my mother and my uncle both had ceremonies that did not include anyone other than immediate family and both brides wore suits not wedding gowns. I often wonder if the brides would have been able to have this kind of wedding had it not been wartime. Nonetheless, I know this played a big part in my own mother's enjoyment of planning my wedding, a task I was glad to share with her.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- 5 on Friday: July 31, 2015
- TBT: 1950s Two Girls in the Summer
- Wordless Wednesday: July 29 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Budapest, We Leave the Boa...
- AAM Monday Project Life Weeks 27 and 28
- 5 on Friday: July 24, 2015
- TBT 1964 Biloxi Mississippi
- Wordless Wednesday: June 22, 2015 - To Be America...
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Hello Budapest!
- AAM Monday Westward Bound
- 5 on Friday: July 17, 2015
- TBT: Another Wedding, 1934
- Wordless Wednesday: June 15 2015 the real purpose ...
- Tuesday Mac Tip: Up and Down
- AAM Monday: Project Life Weeks 25 & 26
- Five on Friday: July 10, 2015
- TBT: A Long Ago Wedding
- Wordless Wednesday: Ladies aka Women
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Auf Wiedershen Vienna
- AAM Monday: Project Life Weeks 23 and 24
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
but maybe I still should
original by tsevis