Thursday, May 14, 2015

TBT: 1949 First the Appendix, Then Chicken Pox


Here I am in the hospital, after having my appendix out. No April Fool's Joke! It was a breeze, even having the staples...metal staples...removed. However, as I was in a ward and was no lover of a cold steel bedpan, I said I could walk to the toilet down the hall. There was one bed that had a curtain around it but NosyParker that I was, I had to stick my head in and say hello to the boy in that bed.

Bad move...he had chicken pox, and yes, after having the appendix out and going home, I too developed a case of chicken pox. Sometimes it's best not to interfere in other people's business. Sometimes I still forget that!

btw, check out the nurse's attire. I do recall liking that as I grew up when you could tell the nursing school by the style and cut of the cap.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts