A lot of the recent days and evenings have been spent on Ancestry. com. I have found a lot of information on my family, my former husband's family and my current husband's family. That's a lot of family trees!
As our visit to one cemetery did not result in actually seeing any of our family's graves as yesterday's post mentioned, my dh now realizes that the St. Mary's cemetery in DC is more likely to be the one he remembers visiting. Administered by Mt. Olivet, we plan another visit some time in the future. A lot of our travel could involve visiting cemeteries!
You have a good view of the city from one of the hills in Mt. Olivet. That's the capitol center right with the Library of Congress to the left.
We did see this one grave that was interesting and wondered who these two women were and what their relationship was. Sisters? two close friends (but nothing more)? a couple? A mystery that just fascinates but stays a mystery.
Now after the holiday weekend is over, it's time for me to get back into more of a routine. Not too rigid, but a routine. Keeping up with the garden and making meals. Just some of life's basics.
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: May 29 2015
- TBT: When Downtown Washington DC Had Department St...
- Wordless Wednesday: Talk About Good!
- Getting Back in the Groove
- Memorial Day 2015
- Five on Friday: May 22, 2015
- Wordless Wednesday: Michael Shrieve 1969
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 15, 2015
- TBT: 1949 First the Appendix, Then Chicken Pox
- Wordless Wednesday: Pennsylvania Lavender
- Tip For Tuesday: Becky Higgins Travel Photo Tips
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- Five on Friday: May 8, 2015
- TBT: And Now She's Driving
- Wordless Wednesday: Sometimes the Ads Are Right
- Tip for Tuesday: Hummus Pancakes? Thank You Dorie ...
- AAM Starting Boston
- Five on Friday: Hello May!
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Ten years ago I went into Washington DC to the Vietnam Memorial. It was a horribly hot and humid day, so much like the weather in South East...
I saw this photo of my daughter and two of her daughters on Facebook and really liked it. You never know what you'll find there. I saw a...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm
I got myself on a roll last week and got caught up. Well not including week 21 and this being week 22. I could have done 21 yesterday but i...
Another week done, the week of the USNA graduation which to those of us who live here really means the stunning Blue Angels flying over our...
After all the rain, we have had two days of sun! It's amazing! I think I could get used to this and then of course, I'll complain...