A lot of the recent days and evenings have been spent on Ancestry. com. I have found a lot of information on my family, my former husband's family and my current husband's family. That's a lot of family trees!
As our visit to one cemetery did not result in actually seeing any of our family's graves as yesterday's post mentioned, my dh now realizes that the St. Mary's cemetery in DC is more likely to be the one he remembers visiting. Administered by Mt. Olivet, we plan another visit some time in the future. A lot of our travel could involve visiting cemeteries!
You have a good view of the city from one of the hills in Mt. Olivet. That's the capitol center right with the Library of Congress to the left.
We did see this one grave that was interesting and wondered who these two women were and what their relationship was. Sisters? two close friends (but nothing more)? a couple? A mystery that just fascinates but stays a mystery.
Now after the holiday weekend is over, it's time for me to get back into more of a routine. Not too rigid, but a routine. Keeping up with the garden and making meals. Just some of life's basics.
- ► 2017 (120)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: May 29 2015
- TBT: When Downtown Washington DC Had Department St...
- Wordless Wednesday: Talk About Good!
- Getting Back in the Groove
- Memorial Day 2015
- Five on Friday: May 22, 2015
- Wordless Wednesday: Michael Shrieve 1969
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 15, 2015
- TBT: 1949 First the Appendix, Then Chicken Pox
- Wordless Wednesday: Pennsylvania Lavender
- Tip For Tuesday: Becky Higgins Travel Photo Tips
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- Five on Friday: May 8, 2015
- TBT: And Now She's Driving
- Wordless Wednesday: Sometimes the Ads Are Right
- Tip for Tuesday: Hummus Pancakes? Thank You Dorie ...
- AAM Starting Boston
- Five on Friday: Hello May!
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
original by tsevis
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.