A lot of the recent days and evenings have been spent on Ancestry. com. I have found a lot of information on my family, my former husband's family and my current husband's family. That's a lot of family trees!
As our visit to one cemetery did not result in actually seeing any of our family's graves as yesterday's post mentioned, my dh now realizes that the St. Mary's cemetery in DC is more likely to be the one he remembers visiting. Administered by Mt. Olivet, we plan another visit some time in the future. A lot of our travel could involve visiting cemeteries!
You have a good view of the city from one of the hills in Mt. Olivet. That's the capitol center right with the Library of Congress to the left.
We did see this one grave that was interesting and wondered who these two women were and what their relationship was. Sisters? two close friends (but nothing more)? a couple? A mystery that just fascinates but stays a mystery.
Now after the holiday weekend is over, it's time for me to get back into more of a routine. Not too rigid, but a routine. Keeping up with the garden and making meals. Just some of life's basics.
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: May 29 2015
- TBT: When Downtown Washington DC Had Department St...
- Wordless Wednesday: Talk About Good!
- Getting Back in the Groove
- Memorial Day 2015
- Five on Friday: May 22, 2015
- Wordless Wednesday: Michael Shrieve 1969
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 15, 2015
- TBT: 1949 First the Appendix, Then Chicken Pox
- Wordless Wednesday: Pennsylvania Lavender
- Tip For Tuesday: Becky Higgins Travel Photo Tips
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- Five on Friday: May 8, 2015
- TBT: And Now She's Driving
- Wordless Wednesday: Sometimes the Ads Are Right
- Tip for Tuesday: Hummus Pancakes? Thank You Dorie ...
- AAM Starting Boston
- Five on Friday: Hello May!
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...