Many weeks I try to get some or all the blog posts done in advance, especially this one. I keep a running list of things I find interesting, edible etc. There's rarely an item to wear on this post because I keep my wardrobe pretty simple; always have. Designers and trends have had little interest for me since so much of my life was outside the US and even then, I had inexpensive, ok really cheap, dressmakers to do my bidding. Now, I stick to solid colors except for some long sleeved blouses that are good for the summer days of a/c. I look for things that won't show spills! Perhaps, I'm just a greedy eater. Don't answer that... Whatever, today I suddenly realized I hadn't done this post. Oh well, my mind is full of stuff, and stuff it is.
1. Sunday I took my dh up to BWI for a flight to Alaska. He had work there and I thought it was just too much of a haul for a short trip and I didn't feel like making it a long trip. So I stayed home. I did go to Costco and Walmart on the way home and got these 6 scallops. The man said they only have the seafood specials on ...special holidays, like Mothers' Day, Memorial Day etc. I must say it was a mighty fine $10 dinner.
2. Tuesday, I went north to Bel Air MD to do something for a friend of mine, and before hand we met up for dinner. Oysters on the half shell for the two of us, 6 each, and then we split a burger with fried oysters for our main. I love eating with someone who shares my taste! The friend I shared food with has the glasses. Yes, I was considerably older than most of the others at table!
3. I had great intentions of getting up earlier and going for a walk to the library. Darn it was chilly at 6am, so much so that I just nestled down into the covers and went back to sleep. Good intentions aren't worth a damn. I suppose the next step is to go walking this afternoon???
4. Speaking of walking, I'm doing pretty well on getting the 3k+ steps in daily. I find if I go out for most any chore I rack up many more than I thought I would. Perhaps this means I should do my shopping in stores rather than on line. But then I'd add tax to many things. Health vs wealth. Right now most of my walking is done is scheduled walks inside the house several times a day. Next week I'm upping my goal to 4K. Slow and sure gets back to 10k.
5. Instead of that morning walk, I did get my heavy duty shoes on for some planting on the deck. That trip sunday netted me a bunch of plants but not too many. I like white flowers and so most of my deck baskets hold herbs and white petunias. I do need more herbs but I did split my arugula which has lasted many a year despite the last two wretched winters. 3 arugula plants, 9 should be divided chive bunches, and lots of white petunias. Sadly, all that standing does not count towards steps. Boo hiss.
Since the weather has warmed up a bit, perhaps I'll take myself for a walk. Then again, I may just sit in a chair and read! In any case, have a great weekend and be sure to take some time out with Mama Nature. It's her month too!
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: May 29 2015
- TBT: When Downtown Washington DC Had Department St...
- Wordless Wednesday: Talk About Good!
- Getting Back in the Groove
- Memorial Day 2015
- Five on Friday: May 22, 2015
- Wordless Wednesday: Michael Shrieve 1969
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Boston
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 18
- Five on Friday: May 15, 2015
- TBT: 1949 First the Appendix, Then Chicken Pox
- Wordless Wednesday: Pennsylvania Lavender
- Tip For Tuesday: Becky Higgins Travel Photo Tips
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 17
- Five on Friday: May 8, 2015
- TBT: And Now She's Driving
- Wordless Wednesday: Sometimes the Ads Are Right
- Tip for Tuesday: Hummus Pancakes? Thank You Dorie ...
- AAM Starting Boston
- Five on Friday: Hello May!
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...