Thursday, April 2, 2015

TBT: 1974 How Dumb We Were

Two pages from Glamour magazine February 1974,

Oh yeah, baby, you've won the RIGHT to smoke. I wonder if baby now has lined gray skin or lung cancer or COPD... Just think of the wording too.  Marketing to adult women and addressing the as 'baby'.  Sadly many of my peers bought this foolishness and now are dying from it.



I actually saved this piece of paper for the recipe on the back. Back then I did make this chicken dish and served it at some dinner parties.  When I saw it while cleaning out old recipe folders, what also hit me was the ad for the nursing outfits.  GIRL power for nurses and this isn't even in the era of Mad Men. This is 1974! I will admit I wore my dresses a LOT shorter than this but I lived in England and did not have to bend and stretch in a hospital world. But you can tell she's a "girl' with that cute little bow under her neck. I'm sure it will advance her career!


Some aspects of the 'good old days' weren't all that good. However, if you want to try the recipe, here it is.



Bon Appétit!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts