It's good to be back blogging again. Sometimes I need a break and then I come back with a renewed interest. Does it work for you that way?
1. Since my son started on Ancestry.com, I am becoming aware of things that are associated with genealogy and memory making. This use of PicMonkey seemed really cool to decipher old gravestones. I'm going to try to visit graveyards out of state as the weather warms up.
2. Have your used this kind of thing? Target has it on sale this week and want to give it a go.
4. Yesterday was my husband's birthday. Somehow when you get to a certain age it just doesn't seem as interesting or something as it once was. I made him some shortbread but it would have been better had I read the instructions thoroughly. I'm really no baker. Dorie Greenspan's recipes are ones I trust. I just am too hasty some times. Here it is and I'll definitely make it again.
5. Then there is my new footwear. I am back to wearing the boot on my left heel. You can see it in the photo above. The bone spur is really killing me after such a great recovery from the right knee replacement. The doctor told me that basically she could help me with pain relief and management. I am supposed to wear a mini boot during the night. That's been ordered and until it comes, I'll wear the boot during the day. I think I'll be able to get about 3-4k steps a day but not a lot more. Considering the problems I could be having, it's not unbearable. It's just frustrating.
That's about it for me. May we all have a great weekend! See you on Monday.
- ► 2016 (206)
- TBT: Back in Bangkok
- Wordless Wednesday: How Good It Was
- Tip for Tuesday: April 28, 2015
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 15
- Five on Friday: April 24, 2015
- TBT: Do You Save These?
- Wordless Wednesday: Before the Storm
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Auf Wiederschaun Durnstein...
- AAM Monday: If it's not one thing...
- Spring Break Time
- TBT: Bahrain 1986
- Wordless Wednesday: Are They Related?
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Durnstein Austria Part 2
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 11
- Five on Friday: April 3, 2015
- TBT: 1974 How Dumb We Were
- Wordless Wednesday: Here's Lookin' at You, Kid
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Our day started with a pickup by our driver and then later a switch to a shuttle bus to take us into York. We passed the train station an...
Once again, it was a Monday that was crazy with a trip to the Apple store to see if my iMac was ok. Yes, it was - big sigh of relief. App...
Back in 2011, I got a recipe from a woman on line and decided to make this baklava. None of it is very hard other than keeping the phyllo...
eat more veggies
Valentine's week but without red. I really liked this soft peachy color this week. We did have our normal lunch at the Severn Inn a...
I can't believe a week went by without another blog post. Where was I and what was I doing? Oh yes, cleaning up the wreckage left a...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...