My last day in New York and I definitely accomplished two of the things that I had planned for this trip. In fact when discussing the trip with a few friends, one said that she would loan me her MOMA card to see the Matisse cut out work exhibit. I had hoped to have breakfast at Cafe Sbarsky also but as my hotel included breakfast, I decided I didn't need that extra meal. I also found that the bus going north from 53rd Street to 86th Street was a lovely ride but a slow one.
Too late for brunch and too early for lunch, so a pastry and a melange filled the bill as I wrote postcards. Not my normal activity but I thought a few friends and children would enjoy getting a card. I had even bought stamps down in Chelsea the day before. Planning!
I made the big screen and also managed to get my phone out and snap the shot. That doesn't always happen. The image of Georgia O'Keefe in MOMA reminded me very much of the woman who told me about the bus to NY. It's all connected...energywise.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Durnstein Austria
- AAM Monday: PL Week 10
- TBT: 1980 Fishing Man
- Wordless Wednesday: Making Cooking Fun
- Reading & Watching, Another Way to Travel
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 9
- Five on Friday: March 20, 2015
- TBT: An English "Knitter" 1972
- Wordless Wednesday: SERIOUS Organized Crime
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye Big Apple
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 8
- Five on Friday: March 11, 2015
- TBT: The Non-Knitter circa 1978
- Wordy Wednesday: Seriously, Don't YOU Do This?
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Another Bite of the Big Ap...
- AAM Monday: What I'm Watching
- TBT: England 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: February 2012
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Day 1 in New York City
- AAM Monday: PL Week 7
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
I decided to have a go at this final part of Day 6. I'd put this one off because I remembered how poorly I'd felt every time I looke...
click to see original This ad was in the December 1966 'Boys Life' magazine. Of course. What an ideal Christmas gift!
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Now I know that there are many people who truly need these meds, but if there are a million or more that also need to deal with depre...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
I saw the article on Matt in the weekend paper and I wonder why this wasn't suggested as a career choice back when "I" was in...
as seen on Instagram
Well we're having fierce winds today and into tomorrow but it's not bitter cold. Temps are in the 40s and will be so on March 3. But...
Getting caught up in some posting here. Not sure how the past weeks have seemed so busy but that's how life is or seems some time. ...