Thursday, March 12, 2015

TBT: The Non-Knitter circa 1978


My mother was a superb knitter as well as a seamstress. My grandmother could crochet anything as well as sew. I, however, had little interest in knitting or crocheting as I foolishly considered them old fashioned pursuits.  Now, of course, I wish I could do either.  I did learn to sew and used to do a lot of it. Then I lived where I had dressmakers so...that skill fell by the wayside.

It appears my 5 year old daughter was following in my foolish footsteps as I recall she paid no attention to the instructions her Grandma was trying to give her. It was not a good session.

Now, I have my needles, I have my yarn and yet I still don't know how to knit! Ah, we all have to learn the hard way it seems! But being happy with grey/white hair I don't have to worry about those roots like my mother did.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts