This is a very blurry shot but it brings back wonderful memories of my in laws visiting us in England. They came to babysit us while my xh and I went on a camping trip on the Continent. That is a whole other story and one which doesn't have any photos that I can find.
But back to this image. My eldest son is sitting on his paternal grandfather's arm. It is late afternoon as the sun is coming in from the west. In his leopard pajamas, made by his maternal great grandmother, my son is holding what appears to be a stuffed animal. As it is not blue, is is not his beloved Teddy.
What strikes me in this image is how so many beloved items stick in our memory, only to reappear in later years without conscious thought. I, too, now have a pair of leopard flannel jammies! The walls in our bedroom are painted the same dark green. I still have some of that Ethan Allen furniture in our living room. But what I really have is the memory of two people I love/d, together for a short time.
- ► 2016 (206)
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Durnstein Austria
- AAM Monday: PL Week 10
- TBT: 1980 Fishing Man
- Wordless Wednesday: Making Cooking Fun
- Reading & Watching, Another Way to Travel
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 9
- Five on Friday: March 20, 2015
- TBT: An English "Knitter" 1972
- Wordless Wednesday: SERIOUS Organized Crime
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye Big Apple
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 8
- Five on Friday: March 11, 2015
- TBT: The Non-Knitter circa 1978
- Wordy Wednesday: Seriously, Don't YOU Do This?
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Another Bite of the Big Ap...
- AAM Monday: What I'm Watching
- TBT: England 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: February 2012
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Day 1 in New York City
- AAM Monday: PL Week 7
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Ten years ago I went into Washington DC to the Vietnam Memorial. It was a horribly hot and humid day, so much like the weather in South East...
I saw this photo of my daughter and two of her daughters on Facebook and really liked it. You never know what you'll find there. I saw a...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
I got myself on a roll last week and got caught up. Well not including week 21 and this being week 22. I could have done 21 yesterday but i...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Another week done, the week of the USNA graduation which to those of us who live here really means the stunning Blue Angels flying over our...