This is a very blurry shot but it brings back wonderful memories of my in laws visiting us in England. They came to babysit us while my xh and I went on a camping trip on the Continent. That is a whole other story and one which doesn't have any photos that I can find.
But back to this image. My eldest son is sitting on his paternal grandfather's arm. It is late afternoon as the sun is coming in from the west. In his leopard pajamas, made by his maternal great grandmother, my son is holding what appears to be a stuffed animal. As it is not blue, is is not his beloved Teddy.
What strikes me in this image is how so many beloved items stick in our memory, only to reappear in later years without conscious thought. I, too, now have a pair of leopard flannel jammies! The walls in our bedroom are painted the same dark green. I still have some of that Ethan Allen furniture in our living room. But what I really have is the memory of two people I love/d, together for a short time.
- ► 2017 (134)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Durnstein Austria
- AAM Monday: PL Week 10
- TBT: 1980 Fishing Man
- Wordless Wednesday: Making Cooking Fun
- Reading & Watching, Another Way to Travel
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 9
- Five on Friday: March 20, 2015
- TBT: An English "Knitter" 1972
- Wordless Wednesday: SERIOUS Organized Crime
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye Big Apple
- AAM Monday: Project Life Week 8
- Five on Friday: March 11, 2015
- TBT: The Non-Knitter circa 1978
- Wordy Wednesday: Seriously, Don't YOU Do This?
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Another Bite of the Big Ap...
- AAM Monday: What I'm Watching
- TBT: England 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: February 2012
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Day 1 in New York City
- AAM Monday: PL Week 7
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Another dose of my 30 Days of Thankful 'pages'.
original by tsevis
I rarely do this kind of layout but it was for a challenge with all the 9 steps set out and so I used some of Rebecca McMeen's ladies. ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
Looking at some photos and thinking of December Daily already, I found this one. Probably 1970 in Knaresborough England. My then husband pul...
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
view from Marriott's 12th floor
This was the week that I started to feel overwhelmed by the number of doctors I needed to visit. Some were easy enough like my eye docto...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...