Friday, March 20, 2015

Five on Friday: March 20, 2015

1. The last couple of times I've accompanied my dh into Starbucks, I was seduced by the stainless steel straws in the stainless drink containers. I don't know what you call them as they're not mugs and yet they're not glasses. You know what I mean though, don't you? In any case, I didn't want to spend $20 for a container I didn't want (too heavy) but I did want that straw! After seeing that duo a couple of times, I checked on Amazon, and got 4 straws AND the teensiest 'straw' brush for under $8.  With my old plastic glass and my new straw, I bet I was the trendiest water drinker at the gym! Well, I was in my own mind and it made drinking water almost special. It takes what it takes...


2. Did you know today is Nowruz? That's the Persian/Iranian New Year which happens just as the vernal equinox happens tonight. Spring starts and life is born anew.  Some dishes you might enjoy, I know I would and did, can be found at the bottom of this post.  No one does rice like the Iranians. Yum...


3. This neat article Spending Time Alone came from the blog of MaryAnn Moss. I could relate to a lot of these points. How bout you?

4. This week I got an email telling me that another one of my high school classmates died. The obit stressed how loving and caring she was and yet the last time we saw her at a reunion, she was in a foul mood, didn't speak to most of us and someone told me that some very unpleasant things were going on in her life. I suspect both parts of her life were true but it's a reminder of how little we really know of others.

5. After many many days of snow and cold in 2015, I was finally able to get my tootsies out of boots and socks and get a pedicure! The idea of walking back to my car with bare skin was too horrible to think of these past few months. Since it was the day before St. Patrick's Day, I went all out and got green.  I believe it will not be anywhere as long before the next time in the salon! Though you never know, I may get attached to the green.



Btw, I love these new white sandals from Target.  They are now my pedicure sandals so the polish doesn't get smeared when I'm all done. Not quite the weather for them here yet, but they were what I needed this week.

Have yourself a great weekend even if it does have to include clean up yard work. See you on Monday!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts