Well a few things have come to my attention this week. I have even remembered a few to share with you.
1. What is this Year of the Goat? Goat? I learned a smattering of Chinese Astrology, even before my life in South East Asia. Goat??? It's the Year of the Sheep! I know because I married a sheep the first time! and he just turned 72 which makes this one of his years. Cycles of 12 you know. But goats? do the Chinese even have goats?
2. Last night we had kugelis
or koshi, as it was called in my home and with a long O, for dinner.
That's a Friday night special from my childhood that I refused to eat.
Years pass and it's a comfort food for me now. Decidedly good with
sausages and with bacon in the koshi mixture. However, it then is not a
Friday, meat fasting dish, but I'm not a Friday meat faster anymore
either. I'm also lazy and did not squeeze the food processor grated
potatoes in a towel. I just shoved them hard into the sides of a large,
fine strainer. It works for me!
3. Often when I go off dogsitting, my husband (this one not the sheep
one) will have a fish curry dinner for some of his friends. This week he
had two and the men each usually bring something so it's really become a
bit of a guided pot luck. One man brought ice cream and cookies from a
fairly new kinda fancy grocery store. I rarely go there because I
learned some bad practices from a friend who worked there. Rebagging
the bread with current dates??? Well in any case, one man said the meat
there was really good and another agreed. My dh had been in there
looking for his Pataks Curry Paste and bought a bag of oranges. They
turned out to be not very good and one already rotten. Both men who
praised the meat said the produce was lousy. Strange to have such ups
and downs in one store, isn't it.
4. My reading has had a bunch of books that were meh for me lately but while across the Potomac, I read two psychological thrillers. Veddy veddy good. I recommend them both.
4. Today's temperature when I went out to the gym was 5º. I live so close that the heat doesn't kick in before I get there and my fingertips, in gloves, were numb. We so rarely get this kind of cold that I am reluctant to get other gloves. However, this fall I may look for ones that are fully insulated, good for driving AND have finger touch ability for my phone. Any suggestions?
Well that's it for me this week. Have a good weekend, keep warm if it's cold, and keep dry if you are out in OZ experiencing a cyclone. Everything passes.
- ► 2017 (89)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: February 28, 2015
- TBT: Cousins 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: February 25, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Italy On My Mind
- AAM Monday: PL wks 1 & 2
- Five on Friday: February 20, 2015
- TBT: Texas 1966
- AMM Monday: Silly at Starbucks
- Five on Friday: February 13, 2015
- TBT: Back in Blackpool, 1969
- Wordless Wednesday: 3 Months Down The Road
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye to Italy, Once Aga...
- AAM Monday: Farewell December 2014
- Gone Gone Gone
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Across the River and UP th...
- AAM Monday: That's Where November Went
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I tried to upload a video but ran into some glitches with Blogger so... this will have to do!
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
A lot of this week's photos concentrate on a trip we took to Baltimore. We have always donated used books to various sites but thi...
original by tsevis
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
We went down south to North Carolina so there were 4 pages for this week. I often try to keep even these BIG weeks to a 2 pager but not this...