Well a few things have come to my attention this week. I have even remembered a few to share with you.
1. What is this Year of the Goat? Goat? I learned a smattering of Chinese Astrology, even before my life in South East Asia. Goat??? It's the Year of the Sheep! I know because I married a sheep the first time! and he just turned 72 which makes this one of his years. Cycles of 12 you know. But goats? do the Chinese even have goats?
2. Last night we had kugelis
or koshi, as it was called in my home and with a long O, for dinner.
That's a Friday night special from my childhood that I refused to eat.
Years pass and it's a comfort food for me now. Decidedly good with
sausages and with bacon in the koshi mixture. However, it then is not a
Friday, meat fasting dish, but I'm not a Friday meat faster anymore
either. I'm also lazy and did not squeeze the food processor grated
potatoes in a towel. I just shoved them hard into the sides of a large,
fine strainer. It works for me!
3. Often when I go off dogsitting, my husband (this one not the sheep
one) will have a fish curry dinner for some of his friends. This week he
had two and the men each usually bring something so it's really become a
bit of a guided pot luck. One man brought ice cream and cookies from a
fairly new kinda fancy grocery store. I rarely go there because I
learned some bad practices from a friend who worked there. Rebagging
the bread with current dates??? Well in any case, one man said the meat
there was really good and another agreed. My dh had been in there
looking for his Pataks Curry Paste and bought a bag of oranges. They
turned out to be not very good and one already rotten. Both men who
praised the meat said the produce was lousy. Strange to have such ups
and downs in one store, isn't it.
4. My reading has had a bunch of books that were meh for me lately but while across the Potomac, I read two psychological thrillers. Veddy veddy good. I recommend them both.
4. Today's temperature when I went out to the gym was 5º. I live so close that the heat doesn't kick in before I get there and my fingertips, in gloves, were numb. We so rarely get this kind of cold that I am reluctant to get other gloves. However, this fall I may look for ones that are fully insulated, good for driving AND have finger touch ability for my phone. Any suggestions?
Well that's it for me this week. Have a good weekend, keep warm if it's cold, and keep dry if you are out in OZ experiencing a cyclone. Everything passes.
- ► 2017 (137)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: February 28, 2015
- TBT: Cousins 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: February 25, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Italy On My Mind
- AAM Monday: PL wks 1 & 2
- Five on Friday: February 20, 2015
- TBT: Texas 1966
- AMM Monday: Silly at Starbucks
- Five on Friday: February 13, 2015
- TBT: Back in Blackpool, 1969
- Wordless Wednesday: 3 Months Down The Road
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye to Italy, Once Aga...
- AAM Monday: Farewell December 2014
- Gone Gone Gone
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Across the River and UP th...
- AAM Monday: That's Where November Went
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Another dose of my 30 Days of Thankful 'pages'.
Looking at some photos and thinking of December Daily already, I found this one. Probably 1970 in Knaresborough England. My then husband pul...
view from Marriott's 12th floor
I was looking at a tutorial to make images appeared curled, and while the narrator said you could do it in PSE, I found that there was a CS ...
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
This was the week that I started to feel overwhelmed by the number of doctors I needed to visit. Some were easy enough like my eye docto...
By the time Thanksgiving comes this week, there's been a lot of times to be grateful as opposed to wanting. So 4 more images to share. ...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
That shot of me all wrapped was me prior to my colonoscopy. Certainly no screaming but in violation of the sign on the wall which says N...