Wow, this month is going fast! I think my time in New York and then an 'almost-week' of dogsitting last week put me mentally behind. Plus I have another upcoming dog sitting 'gig'. Sadly, all these times with the dog are because of a death and a funeral. But that's life.
1. My ongoing clean out project seems to have stalled. I realized I was
doing anything I could to avoid the sorting and purging so yesterday I
finally got some things shuffled around so I could put the final bits
into the red Christmas box that sits up on a shelf of other 'stuff'.
That did make me feel good because those Advent wreaths were getting to
me mentally. One small weight is off my shoulders.
3. Every other week or so, I try to send a postcard to my granddaughter. She is just at the age to enjoy getting mail Just For Her. It's a good way to use my postcard collection rather than just let it sit and age. Do any of you do something like this?
4. I finished up one book that I took with me for the dogsitting stay. "Some Luck" by Jane Smiley. While I did finish it, all in all it was meh. Ok, I don't have any interest in farming, the heartland etc but darn if even the parts of WWII and Washington DC, spies and the cold war were pretty flat. I cannot imagine two more volumes of this trilogy. ymmv.
5. One good bit of clutter and excess that is NOT growing is my digi stash. I give much of the credit to Lightroom which allows me to see just how much I have. I have also become tired of some styles and while there are other stores and designers who have caught my attention, I also realize I can make a lot of what I like. Just like too many clothes in the closet, too many digi supplies leads to choice exhaustion.
Today being Friday the 13th, I hope you have a super GOOD luck day and an even better weekend. We're going out to lunch and then it's off dog sitting for me.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- Five on Friday: February 28, 2015
- TBT: Cousins 1973
- Wordless Wednesday: February 25, 2015
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Italy On My Mind
- AAM Monday: PL wks 1 & 2
- Five on Friday: February 20, 2015
- TBT: Texas 1966
- AMM Monday: Silly at Starbucks
- Five on Friday: February 13, 2015
- TBT: Back in Blackpool, 1969
- Wordless Wednesday: 3 Months Down The Road
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Goodbye to Italy, Once Aga...
- AAM Monday: Farewell December 2014
- Gone Gone Gone
- Travel With Me Tuesday: Across the River and UP th...
- AAM Monday: That's Where November Went
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I love getting so many pages done in January. A Month of Challenges sounds daunting but it's only an hour or two each day. Lots of fun ...
original by tsevis